Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2009 Corolla

by Braddale, December 12, 2007 in Toyota Corolla (2009 until 2018-19 “TNGA”)

Anyone have any idea when the 2009 will be starting production?? I have already read a road test on one site www.familycar.com on the new 2009, so there must be a handful out there already available to the media.

I've seen cars come out nearly a year ahead (January 2008) to be considered a 2009 model year car. Most of them seem to pop out after June or so - might give a dealership a call to confirm when they will come out. As expected sales greatly influence when these models hit the showroom.

• 1,424 posts

I believe that they will start selling the first Corollas in the first quarter of 2008.

That is what they did with the 2003 models anyway.

Usually they start a new model year in late August or September, but technically Toyota can start a new model year whenever they want.

Since the new Corolla is so drastically different from the last generation car, it only makes sense to call it a 2009 no matter when it starts being sold.

Otherwise you would have two drastically different cars both referred to as 2008 models, which would be confusing for the public, insurance companies, etc.

If you really want a definite answer, talk to your dealer, they will have the best information.

BTW, I'd hold off on the Corolla. With so many changes for the 10th generation models, there are bound to be problems just like there were in the earlier 2003 models. I personally don't like to do Research and Development for a car company. Buying in the 2nd or 3rd model year after a redesign gives you a better chance of getting a car with most of the bugs if not all the bugs worked out.

Bikeman982

Let him get a 2009 and then he can have all the bugs found out, so that when it gets re-sold it will be better.

I never buy a new car and it is better if I get a car that has been tested first.

Let him get a 2009 and then he can have all the bugs found out, so that when it gets re-sold it will be better.I never buy a new car and it is better if I get a car that has been tested first.

I learned that the hard way with my 2003.

Just bought a 2008. Many great refinements and, hopefully, fully debugged.

Let him get a 2009 and then he can have all the bugs found out, so that when it gets re-sold it will be better.I never buy a new car and it is better if I get a car that has been tested first.

I learned that the hard way with my 2003.

Just bought a 2008. Many great refinements and, hopefully, fully debugged.

I went from driving a 87 tercel hatchback to a 08 corolla S,talk about great refinements! generator

The 09's have started production. Found out at another site toyotanation.com from a employee at the Cambridge plant here in Ontario that the 09's started being produced late last week.

It is a very slow start to production, but the cars being produced now are for sale, it is being built on a line that used to produce Lexus models. The 08's are done. They have built approx. 50 09's so far.

BTW, I'd hold off on the Corolla. With so many changes for the 10th generation models, there are bound to be problems just like there were in the earlier 2003 models. I personally don't like to do Research and Development for a car company. Buying in the 2nd or 3rd model year after a redesign gives you a better chance of getting a car with most of the bugs if not all the bugs worked out.

I thought the same too until I saw this thread about rattling issues happening on a 2007 Corolla. 4 years and they still can't build them right. Ouch!

https://www.corolland.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21229

I was dumb and bought one of the very 1st 9th gen corollas. Don't make the same mistake with the new models, wait until at least the 2nd year. And the bonus is when a tech needs to work on the car, it won't be the very 1st time working on the generation of car.

Max

I bought my 03 in March 02 (Built in Cambridge, Ontario). It hasn't had a single problem.

Bought mine new in March 03 also (LE) and the only problem I had was had to have drivers side plastic strip on roof replaced because it would rise up in one place at times....no big deal but dealer replaced strip N/C . This is one of the best trouble free cars I've ever owned ....and I've had around 35 new cars (most american) since 1958. My 03 still looks like it just came off showroom floor and just turned 40,000 ....it could very well be my last car , but you never know what tomorrow may bring.

Bikeman982

I am not one to rush out and buy the latest anything.

I wait for the price to come down and it gets to where I can afford it.

I suppose that if I had an endless supply of extra cash, then I would buy the most expensive car I could get.

Because I am just a middle-class American with limited income, I usually drive older cars.

The 2009 model Corolla would be nice, but unaffordable by me.

Let me know how you new owners like it.

The 09's have started production. Found out at another site toyotanation.com from a employee at the Cambridge plant here in Ontario that the 09's started being produced late last week.

I live about 20 minutes from the Cambridge plant and was wondering if I was able to take pictures somehow of the new Corollas from the fenceline. Then again, I guess they are no secret if the employees see them everyday.

Bikeman982

I live about 20 minutes from the Cambridge plant and was wondering if I was able to take pictures somehow of the new Corollas from the fenceline. Then again, I guess they are no secret if the employees see them everyday.

But are the employees allowed to use cameras??

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla (2009 until 2018-19 “TNGA”)