Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By Dave, December 11, 2007

• 320 posts

Later this week, I will be moving Corolland to a new server. This may result in a brief period when the forums are discombobulated - messages may "appear" to disappear. I am going to set the domain name to live for only a couple of minutes, so for most people there will be no apparent change or movement, unless something gets screwed up in transition (gee, that never happens!) so you will almost certainly encounter an error message for a few minutes while I fix my mistakes if you happen to be using the system when I make the move.

Yes, I should really be doing this at 1 am, but I tend to sleep then... or on a Sunday but I'm with the kids... believe me, it's better during the week.

At the moment, we share a dedicated server with allpar.com and my business sites; I've already moved toyoland.com to a new virtual private server and it seems to be moving much faster there, so I think corolland.com will also benefit. We'll be moving geographically from Michigan to Texas, for you geography buffs out there.

Most people probably will not see anything other than a little better responsiveness.

Bikeman982

Later this week, I will be moving Corolland to a new server. This may result in a brief period when the forums are discombobulated - messages may "appear" to disappear. I am going to set the domain name to live for only a couple of minutes, so for most people there will be no apparent change or movement, unless something gets screwed up in transition (gee, that never happens!) so you will almost certainly encounter an error message for a few minutes while I fix my mistakes if you happen to be using the system when I make the move.

Yes, I should really be doing this at 1 am, but I tend to sleep then... or on a Sunday but I'm with the kids... believe me, it's better during the week.

At the moment, we share a dedicated server with allpar.com and my business sites; I've already moved toyoland.com to a new virtual private server and it seems to be moving much faster there, so I think corolland.com will also benefit. We'll be moving geographically from Michigan to Texas, for you geography buffs out there.

Most people probably will not see anything other than a little better responsiveness.

Where's Texas??

I hardly ever use this forum, so it should not be a problem Dave.

• 320 posts

"I hardly ever use this forum, so it should not be a problem Dave."

Not what I wanted to hear!!! default_wink

The VPS is currently running 99-100% idle... I think Corolland will be a nice addition.

I recently got some help with Toyoland so I think we might be seeing some new additions to Corolland's normal pages as well as the forums.

I'm also looking at adding photos to the 200,000 Mile Club (Toyoland) and maybe adding a registry to Corolland. Is there interest?

sites never been slow for me on cable here in chicago, dont change too much up on the basic lay out of the site...except maybe thread subscriptions, that would be nice.

Bikeman982

"I hardly ever use this forum, so it should not be a problem Dave."

Not what I wanted to hear!!! default_wink

The VPS is currently running 99-100% idle... I think Corolland will be a nice addition.

I recently got some help with Toyoland so I think we might be seeing some new additions to Corolland's normal pages as well as the forums.

I'm also looking at adding photos to the 200,000 Mile Club (Toyoland) and maybe adding a registry to Corolland. Is there interest?

Just being facetious Dave. I actually do use this forum (I think I have a couple of active posts).

I think a 100,000 mile, a 200,000 mile, and a 300,000 mile club(s) would be great.

• 320 posts

I'm just getting some much-needed improvements to the 200,000 Mile Club at Toyoland set up including photos.

Sorry about the long delay and error messages; the database just didn't want to move over!

i was at work, never noticed a thing! pretty smooth transfer compared to my other forum move experiences.

Bikeman982

Still seems to work as like before. Has it been changed?

I never noticed.

• 1,424 posts

It must be changed over already, it is running 5 to 10 seconds faster on page loads from corolland than it was yesterday.

Thanks Dave!

Bikeman982

Where's my stopwatch??

• 320 posts

Thanks - it DOES seem faster - and it's good to get teh feedback!

Bikeman982

As long as it works - keeps me happy.

Thanks Dave for a very smooth transition to another server.

Topic List