Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Which Is Best Quality Car Indash Stereo Mp3 Player? Sony Or Pioneer

by loverguy1, December 8, 2007

I'm getting a in dash stereo player for my mp3 songs installed in my Corolla CE 01. Just wondering if anyone can let me know which is best in sound quality and durability stereo player for mp3/wma/wmv file.

Max

Both companies offer quality products. Go listen to them in action to find out what sounds best to you. If you have model numbers, you can use CNet and other sites to read reviews.

as a whole in car audio circles sony is glitzy crap, pioneer is...a bit behind the times on audio quality i hear. alpine is one of the best, kenwood has some nice showy models with good features. jvc has some cool oled displays on their higher end stuff and some neat little touch screens.

I had 2 Sony's don't ask me why but the bass was so weak compared to say a Kenwood or Alpine. Pioneer is definitely better than a Sony in terms of cd decks.

I'd go with the Pioneer. Have had two of those and never a problem. Good sound, great reception and not too pricey. Mine is not even three years old and goes like a champ.

My brother and my wife have JVC's in their cars - both stereos shaky on reception and skippy on MP3 CDs. Too much glitz and b.s. on the faces where acquiring the basic settings are a hassle. But you can change your "display motions" easily...like anyone really gives a crap about those. Okay, maybe teenagers, but that's about it.

Had a Sony in the late 90's - pure crap. Died in less than a year. Replaced it with a Kenwood, which was relatively okay.

I'd personally only use Alpine or Eclipse headunits. There some others out there - like Pioneer Premiere, highend Kenwood, JVC, Clarion, and Nakamichi - but the Alpine and Eclipse probably give you the best sound for the price.

Topic List