Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Repairing 93 Corolla

Guest Lauren56

I am new to corolland! Well I am not sure how I bumped into this website but I did. My car overheated last week and, according to the mechanic at the diagnostic shop it had a blown headgasket and the transmission has a big crack in it. So a little back ground on the car- 175k miles on it, 93 Corolla.

My Dad says I should look around for a place to repair it and get an estimate. A person that specializes in corollas. Does anyone know of a person or shop that specializes in corollas in the the S.F. North Bay area , near Novato?

Any other thoughts... my dad says to just replace the parts that are broken keep using the car because these cars typically go 300,000 what do you think? Is it worth fixing?

Bikeman982

I am new to corolland! Well I am not sure how I bumped into this website but I did. My car overheated last week and, according to the mechanic at the diagnostic shop it had a blown headgasket and the transmission has a big crack in it. So a little back ground on the car- 175k miles on it, 93 Corolla.

My Dad says I should look around for a place to repair it and get an estimate. A person that specializes in corollas. Does anyone know of a person or shop that specializes in corollas in the the S.F. North Bay area , near Novato?

Any other thoughts... my dad says to just replace the parts that are broken keep using the car because these cars typically go 300,000 what do you think? Is it worth fixing?

Bring it to me and I can fix it.

It probably depends on what funds are available to you. Depending on cost, It could be cheaper to find another Gen 7 Corolla for the same money with lower miles. 300K miles is certainly doable with these cars.

Often times an aluminum engine is never the same after overheating...depends on the severity. Any idea how the transmission got cracked?

You should be able to get the engine and transaxle replaced for around $2500 with a used pair.

Check around and ask people who they use in the area.

Bikeman982

They can be repaired/replaced fairly easily - keep the car if the rest of it is in good shape.

You can always sell it to BikeMan as is..... default_laugh

Bikeman982

You can always sell it to BikeMan as is..... default_laugh
Very true - put it on e-Bay!!

Topic List: Go to Everything Else