Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Spark Plugs

by twinky64, October 7, 2007

I have a 98 corolla and looking through the owners manual, they recommend the double ground electrode type. Is that really necessary? Will I be ok with only a single electrode. My new spark plugs (that I haven't installed) have one ground electrode and that is what autozone has in their data base for the 98 corolla.

Yup - you'll be OK without the twin electrode design. The twin electrodes extend the useful life of the plug and does have slighly different flame kernal than standard plugs. But many have been running platinum and iridium plugs (single electrode plugs) with no issues.

Bikeman982

I would go with the recommended type plug.

Why take a chance with a different one?

K_Watson

AutoZone is starting to carry NGK plugs in stock, some of the copper ones have the twin grounds.

Bikeman982

AutoZone is starting to carry NGK plugs in stock, some of the copper ones have the twin grounds.

I get my stock plugs from Kragen Auto Parts.

They are NGK.

i use the iridium's on mine, then again it is a pretty penny for each plug. unless you work at O'Reilly's like me then you shouldn't be wasting that much on other plugs other than v-power.

Bikeman982

i use the iridium's on mine, then again it is a pretty penny for each plug. unless you work at O'Reilly's like me then you shouldn't be wasting that much on other plugs other than v-power.
You could also use the NGK's.

Is your car still rusting out??

Topic List