Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By muzak, August 24, 2007

An earlier post today got me thinking about whether there are many drive in theatres left in North America. We have one here in our city and we make a point of going a couple of times a year because we know it's a dying breed. Even though it is broadcast on FM, our stereo's are capable of better sound, it's far superior to the old metal speaker that sat on one window only.

Here's a link to our local drive in for you baby boomers. http://www.mustangdriveinguelph.ca/

• 1,424 posts

We had 7 drive ins within 1 hours drive of our home when I was 5.

By the time I was 10 we had 3.

By the time I was 20 we had 1.

Now we have none because a large wind blew the screen over and the owner's decided that it wasn't making enough money to rebuild it.

I really loved drive ins when I was a child, there is just something so cool about watching movies in your own car.

Max

Wow. Drive - Ins. We had several around southern Ohio when I was in high school. Sneaked extra people in by cramming them in the trunk. There are still a couple operating where I live now, but I haven't been in years.

We had one near my house as a kid. It is still there and still in use.

The last time I went to a drive-in was 3 summers ago.

Bikeman982

When I first moved to this part of CA there were two drive-ins.

Now there are none. They did not get much business. I think DVD's and better movie theaters put them out of business.

When I was a kid I loved to go to the drive-in. It was a great place to have fun. There were times when I never saw the movie.

Back when I lived in sydney, once I discovered the drive-in, I never went back (there are still 2 in sydney). Films I saw....Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Flightplan, umm, can't remember any more.

More comfortable seating, no annoying people having conversations mid-movie, better choice of food and drink, cheaper, need I say more?

Topic List: Go to Everything Else