Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2003 Le Dome Light Behavior

by Jake Bryce October 8, 2004

I was hoping some of you 2003 Corolla owners can help me out. I leave for work this morning, and notice my wifes car (Corolla) has interior lights on in it. I investigate. The dome light is on and the passenger side map light. After cursing under my breath, I figure she must have bumped the map light, so I turn it off. I start the car to verify it will start for her when she leaves. It starts fine. I close the door, and after a slight delay the dome light goes off. I leave for work. I start thinking to myself, why the dome light would be on at all. I drive a 2004 Matrix, and I try to duplicate the dome light staying on when the map light is on and the car is parked. I can not do it. I am wondering how everyones 2003 Corollas behave, and if they are different from the way the Matrix functions.

Thanks

My 2003 CE has no keyless entry or mirror lights. Dome goes off as soon as door closes.

Son's 2003 LE has time delay on dome light.

Guest moebius

My '03 LE (with keyless entry) has a time delay on the dome light when opening and closing the door. About 30-45 seconds.

The idea is to give you a short period of light if you need to grab something from the car, or to put a seatbelt on. or just to get yourself settled in the car, or whatever.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)