Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By NMGeorge, August 4, 2007

With the OEM remote (on my 07) is there a way that I can get the horn to beep when I do this? To date, this is the only car that I have had that was not programed to do that when you use the remote.

I guess I have gotten rather used to hearing the horn giving a quick beep when I hit the locks.

Thanks for your answers,

George

Max

I think it only beeps if you have the security system installed.

• 1,424 posts

There is no easy way to do what you want, meaning that there is no way to turn that feature on. It is possible to get the horn to honk when using the remote, but it would require a slick plan and some electrical skills.

I wish the Corolla did this also, and I wish it opened the trunk with the remote. However, since the Corolla lacks an electronic trunk release mechanism or a solenoid, it can't.

Probably the cheapest and easiest way to get the horn to honk is to get an aftermarket keyless entry installed on your car. At that time they could install a solenoid to allow your trunk to open remotely as well, plus a remote start, remote windows and a myriad of other convenience features.

Dang-it! I was afraid of that - but thanks for the answers.

Before I bought my Corolla, I drove several other cars in the same class. Yup, that included the Civic. While the Civic had a much more loaded list of advanced features, I didn't like it. It also cost 2K more... although they (Honda) offered me $1,500 more for my truck than Toyota. In the end, I bought the car that I like and fit the best in.

Still, no ABS, MP3 support and no beep when I use my remote! Oh well, I'm happy with what I have.

Geo

• 1,424 posts
Dang-it! I was afraid of that - but thanks for the answers.

Before I bought my Corolla, I drove several other cars in the same class. Yup, that included the Civic. While the Civic had a much more loaded list of advanced features, I didn't like it. It also cost 2K more... although they (Honda) offered me $1,500 more for my truck than Toyota. In the end, I bought the car that I like and fit the best in.

Still, no ABS, MP3 support and no beep when I use my remote! Oh well, I'm happy with what I have.

Geo

I wasn't about to buy a Civic because the new Civic wasn't out yet when I got my Corolla and I didn't want to drive last years model. In order to get a Corolla that had the amount of features that a Civic EX had, I had to special order. While I got ABS, TPMS a sunroof, alloy wheels, cruise, a self dimming rearview mirror with compass and a six disc changer, I still have no beep with the remote, no trunk release with the remote and no MP3 support.

Now the Mazda3 was not a special order and it has side airbags, sunroof, cruise, leather wrapped tilt and telescoping wheel with steering wheel audio controls, 6 disc CD changer, 4 wheel disc ABS and 17" alloy wheels. It also had the added avalibility of Xenon lights, MP3 and Minidisc player, Sirius Satellite Radio and Homelink. It costs a lot more than the Corolla (like 23k verses 19k) and it gets crappy gas mileage. With a 2.3 L engine that makes 160 hp, and the Sport AT I only manage to get 24 MPG highway. In contrast the Corolla gets 38 MPG highway and 28-30 MPG city.

I guess that you have to make a trade off, low price for less feature content and performance but high fuel economy or higher price for more feature content and performance but poor fuel economy.

Topic List