Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Bad Radiator? Now What?

by Access-Denied, August 2, 2007

Access-Denied (+1)

So my radiator has gone bad. About a month ago, it started to over heat. Now it appears to be leaking from the bottom of it. Not sure on the details of where it's leaking from. But I'm 99% sure it's a radiator leak.

So now what?

Replace the radiator, water pump, hoses, do the whole 9 years? I wanna try to get out as much of the old radiator fuild as possible. Get new fresh fuild in the whole system.

Throw some of that liquid patch it stuff? Any change of that ruin other stuff?

Any ideas how hard it is to replace the radiator, looks pretty easy. Few bolts, and it's out.

Any tips, suggestions would be great.

96 Geo Prizm.

197,500 miles.

Bikeman982

Radiators are fairly easy to change. You can get a new one from e-Bay.

Just drain coolant, take off hoses, two bolts hold it down from the top.

Disconnect cooling fan.

Put fan on new one, installation is the reverse.

Fill with coolant, check for leaks.

Bring it over and I can do it for you.

Access-Denied (+1)

Yeah I popped in a new radaitor this past Monday. Really impressed with how easy it went. Turns out the radiator was leaking. Hoses looked fine. No cracks soft spots or anything. 200 bucks for the new radiator from Auto Zone. Worse part of the whole night was dealing with Auto Zone. Bunch of freaking retards.

Radiators are fairly easy to change. You can get a new one from e-Bay.Just drain coolant, take off hoses, two bolts hold it down from the top.

Disconnect cooling fan.

Put fan on new one, installation is the reverse.

Fill with coolant, check for leaks.

Bring it over and I can do it for you.

Good to hear it was easy, always nice to hear that when it pertains to my own car as well. What happened at AutoZone? How bad could it have been? I have never purchased there before so I have no idea how it's like. Do they push to sell, etc?

Bikeman982

I purchased a new radiator for my project car from e-Bay.

It was brand new and easy to install.

I think it was cheaper than the one at AutoZone.

Sorry you had a bad experience with them, they are supposed to be customer friendly.

Topic List