Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

9th Gen Ugly Wheels

by IrisMG, July 7, 2007

One thing about my 8th gen, it had a better body style and the wheels had great swoopy hubcaps. I'm curious, assuming the wheels are among the first thing people change when they buy a new one (next to the sound system, that is), what style wheels has anyone replaced theirs with on their 2003-present car?

Thanks!

• 1,424 posts
One thing about my 8th gen, it had a better body style and the wheels had great swoopy hubcaps. I'm curious, assuming the wheels are among the first thing people change when they buy a new one (next to the sound system, that is), what style wheels has anyone replaced theirs with on their 2003-present car?

Thanks!

You could just shell out the extra cash and get the OEM alloy wheels. They are way better than plastic wheel covers IMHO.

I have them on my 2005 and I think they look nice. You can see pics of them at Toyota.com

Thanks!

You could just shell out the extra cash and get the OEM alloy wheels. They are way better than plastic wheel covers IMHO.

I have them on my 2005 and I think they look nice. You can see pics of them at Toyota.com

Good idea! Just about anything that looks better than what's on there would be an improvement...

what style wheels has anyone replaced theirs with on their 2003-present car?

Thanks!

I bought mine (Nebulas) at the local Toyota dealer and they cost me less installed than my rear spoiler installed. Here's the website that supplies the rims for the Toyotas made in this area of the country at least. Your local dealer should be able to order anything from them at a fraction of the cost of stock rims.

http://www.daialloys.com/

Bikeman982

Any of those rims look better than stock ones.

I have OE XRS rims on mine. Got them used cheaper then brand new after market rims.

Bikeman982

Go to a specialty shop and look around for ones you like.

You can then shop around (including online) for the best deal on them.

I would discuss what you want with your wallet.

I know that tirerack.com has some really good deals on wheel&tires.

I think discount tire also has some really cheap packages.

or if you have the budget, you can always get some nice brandname wheels.

Dep on what you get, might also improve performance, and not just the looks.

good luck

tdk.

Bikeman982

Let us know what you decide on and what kind of a deal you get.

what style wheels has anyone replaced theirs with on their 2003-present car?

Thanks!

I bought mine (Nebulas) at the local Toyota dealer and they cost me less installed than my rear spoiler installed. Here's the website that supplies the rims for the Toyotas made in this area of the country at least. Your local dealer should be able to order anything from them at a fraction of the cost of stock rims.

http://www.daialloys.com/

Now, this is useful, thanks! Makes me think getting a 9th gen Corolla wouldn't be the end of the world!

I picked up a set of used 17" Matrix XRS rims for my Corolla. Looks great even with the stock ride height.

I picked up a set of used 17" Matrix XRS rims for my Corolla. Looks great even with the stock ride height.

So Matrix and Corolla's wheels are interchangeable? Possibly the Vibe's, too, then! Thanks, this is useful information!

Guest 5 Speed 2007 S

So Matrix and Corolla's wheels are interchangeable? Possibly the Vibe's, too, then! Thanks, this is useful information!

also the scion tc rims are compatible as well, i saw a guy that had those rims a few weeks back...

18x9drag 7 spoke black with finished lip

It aint worth it... You can't see your own wheels when you're driving. Your main concern is proper maintenance and state of tune.

Topic List