Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2007 Corolla Mileage

by babietuan323, May 19, 2007

ok, toyota advertises their mpg 30city/40hwy with a 13.2gal tank. my brand new corolla 5speed manual transmission, i've been driving from full to near empty should therefore at least get 390 miles per tank. I've been only getting about as much as 360miles and i drove half city and half hwy. its not like i overrev my car, i drive like a near grandma never passing 3,000rpm some occasional 4,000rpm to get on the hwy and whatnot. What is everybody else getting?

2007 Corolla LE 5 speed manual - 7100 miles on it since I purchased in November. For the first 5000 miles or so I was getting 31 mpg city and 40 mpg highway but that was during the winter. Now I get 35 mpg in town and 42 mpg on the highway.

After the break in of the engine, you will get better mileage.

Also, remember that the conditions that the dealer numbers report might be different than where you drive.

The EPA reports those numbers, NOT Toyota. Look for some major changes in a year or two.

36mpg mixed driving, isnt 36 about the middle between 30 and 40? you're not actually putting 13.2 gallons of gas, probably more like 10 to 11 gallons when your gas light comes on or your needle is on E.

The EPA reports those numbers, NOT Toyota.
Either way, the environmental conditions where the tests are performed might be different than where this person is located.

The EPA reports those numbers, NOT Toyota.

Either way, the environmental conditions where the tests are performed might be different than where this person is located.

It is possible to match the EPA results because they were created in the same car, it isn't very likely. More realistic results will be reported in 08-09 by the EPA. It is expected that on average, about a 15% reduction in fuel economy will be reported on the window stickers on cars.

Friar_Nurgle

Just broke 500 miles on my '07 Corolla S Manual. Used about 1-1/4 tank so far with mixed driving. Given the "break in" period I'm not to concerned about actual mpg figures yet. From previous experience I recommend keeping your cars in the best shape possible (oil changes, lubed, good tires, bla bla bla), don't drive like a nut, and unload all the extra crap in your car. You would be amazed at the extra weight added from golf clubs to tools. We are planning some summer trips, I'll be sure to post the mpg then.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)