Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

I Bit The Bullet...

by Bitter, May 6, 2007

See every reply in these pages:

Bikeman982

I can get you another mirror, if you need one.

the same drab blue as my interior? im nuts about the interior color parts matching...its the only part of my car that still looks 1/2 way decent default_ohmy

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/huz...ar/2d68651c.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/huz...ar/8f4f3269.jpg

that color! i'd assume that a corolla and prizm mirror fit the same into the car? mines perched from the roof by a metal part and not attached to the glass. i really like that for some reason, it looks better than ones attached to the glass.

let me know if you dig anything up and how much you want for it bud, i appreciate it!

Bikeman982

the same drab blue as my interior? im nuts about the interior color parts matching...its the only part of my car that still looks 1/2 way decent default_ohmy

<a href="https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/huz...ar/2d68651c.jpg" target="_blank">https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/huz...ar/2d68651c.jpg</a>

<a href="https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/huz...ar/8f4f3269.jpg" target="_blank">https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/huz...ar/8f4f3269.jpg</a>

that color! i'd assume that a corolla and prizm mirror fit the same into the car? mines perched from the roof by a metal part and not attached to the glass. i really like that for some reason, it looks better than ones attached to the glass.

let me know if you dig anything up and how much you want for it bud, i appreciate it!

Looks like the same color as a lot of the blue Corolla interiors.

I think the Prizm and Corolla inside mirrors are identical.

I was going to the local junkyard today, but it is cold and wet, so maybe tomorrow??

I do have one that is light blue, and one that is grey (I broke the mirror, but the casing is still good.

The mirrors are $8 at the junkyard and whatever shipping would be - that's your price.

Here's some pictures -

This one is kind of greyish-blue, broken mirror - case and other parts still good-

This is a different one, kind of greyish-brown, lighter than the first one-

This is the other side of the first one -

I did get a darker blue one, but I put it in the 1997 in my garage (it came in with a smashed mirror) -

Isn't this what your high beams are for? I don't understand why people are always try to get brighter and brighter headlights. Driving at night, they nearly blind me when I see someone in the opposite direction with xenon lights. I personally think all high intensity lights should be banned. They are a real danger to other drivers on the road. If you really can't see at night, then either turn on your highbeams, or maybe you need to see an eye doctor.

i get pissed off, all the fancy cars nowadays have very blinding lights, usually blue,

everybody trying to show off.,,, creating a road hazard.

Bikeman982

Isn't this what your high beams are for? I don't understand why people are always try to get brighter and brighter headlights. Driving at night, they nearly blind me when I see someone in the opposite direction with xenon lights. I personally think all high intensity lights should be banned. They are a real danger to other drivers on the road. If you really can't see at night, then either turn on your highbeams, or maybe you need to see an eye doctor.

i get pissed off, all the fancy cars nowadays have very blinding lights, usually blue,

There needs to be a limit as to how bright lights can be on public roads.

Too bright a lite coming at you can cause you to not see well and can cause an accident.

Sure the person behind the lights can see better but coming at them is blinding to others.

Blue lights are cute, but not if too bright!

Me too........I drive in the dark a lot and it's getting bad.

M

i get pissed off, all the fancy cars nowadays have very blinding lights, usually blue,everybody trying to show off.,,, creating a road hazard.

thankfully the HIR bulbs have the filament oriented in the same way as the standard halogens, actually they are a standard halogen with a differently shaped glass and a coating around part of the glass to reflect some of the Infrared back at the bulb to make it glow more hotly and produce more light...

however since the filament is aligned the same way the 9006 lamp can still aim and control the light the same way as a stock bulb.

most of my night driving is after work when my eyes are strained and i'm tired, so the extra light on the road really helps me out, i see animals i never saw before with the standard bulbs. theres ALOT more critters out there than i knew about. road signs light up like they've got their own light sources shining at me, license plates are easier to read, and road reflectors look like airport landing strip lights! its great. the light is a nice 4800-5000K white color, not that horrid blue crap which is actually dimmer than a long-life halogen. morons!

My 2 cents: I found very little upgrade on the low beam, I think it is just a poor reflector headlight design. High beam was a totally different story. I love them. Signs light up much better and further. Deer are easy to see.

i found quite a difference from standard to nighthawks and then from nighthawks to HIR.

Bikeman982

Do you have to change the whole headlights, or are better bulbs enough??

all i did was install the better bulbs.

Bikeman982

Mine uses the 9005 and 9006 bulbs and as long as the lens is clean, seems bright enough.

i thought that standard bulbs were bright enough until i got the nighthawks and signs were alot easier to read. my mom who had cataract surgery told me about the nighthawks and so i get a set and they make a big difference! much whiter cleaner light thats easier to see the road with. then i found out about HIR bulbs and tried them. same white light as nighthawks but alot brighter which in turn makes driving at night safer since i can see further down the road and i can see the sides of the road alot more clearly.

I bought nighthawks at wally mart for 4 bucks on a mistake closeout. they are decent especially in rain and have held up a year. watch out for aftermarket bulbs that claim high wattage. you can easily burn up your headlight switch. seen that a few times.

Bikeman982

Are the Nighthawks the same bulb for both high beam and low beam??

Do they just plug into the same sockets that the 9005 and 9006 used?

the nighthawk bulbs are just a better standard halogen bulb, nothing needs to be changed. for the HIR bulbs all you have to do is trim one of the bulbs mounting tabs slightly. they use the same plugs as 9005/9006 bulbs. both 9005 and 9006 use the same plug and same socket, just one is a high and the other is a low.

Bikeman982

the nighthawk bulbs are just a better standard halogen bulb, nothing needs to be changed. for the HIR bulbs all you have to do is trim one of the bulbs mounting tabs slightly. they use the same plugs as 9005/9006 bulbs. both 9005 and 9006 use the same plug and same socket, just one is a high and the other is a low.
My bulbs have different sockets for the 9005 and 9006 - they are not interchangeable.

They are keyed differently. I suppose the wires could be cut and different connectors spliced in.

Tabs on the bulbs themselves can be filed down to fit into the headlight glass portion.

no, theyre keyed the same, its just a different retainer for the bulbs. one has a ring lock and the other one uses the bulbs tabs to slip behind and lock the bulb in. i know morons who put high beams in their low beam sockets.

Bikeman982

no, theyre keyed the same, its just a different retainer for the bulbs. one has a ring lock and the other one uses the bulbs tabs to slip behind and lock the bulb in. i know morons who put high beams in their low beam sockets.
The connectors are different (where they connect to the wires) - see picture. The left is 9005 and the right 9006.

The part where they go into the headlight glass is identical and they are interchangeable there.

They can probably be put in the headlight in either place and I am sure some morons have done it.

HID kits are quite an annoyance. Not my pics, but they make the point.

HID Kit (like what you can get on ebay for like, a hundred bucks or so):

Kit output

aftermarket projectors <<kit in AFTERMARKET projectors

OEM HID projector (like what comes on vehicles that have HIDs from the factory):

s2000> s2000

same projector at 200+ feet away: s2k at 220ft

figures that you revive this thread. one of my nighthawks just burned out. I wrote g.e. and they are supposed to send an envelope to return their bulb. they might replace it. not sure yet.

Topic List