Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By collector, April 18, 2007

Hi all

I am a proud owner of a 2003 CE, and I was wondering what the (subtle) difference in body style/molding between my year of 'Rolla is compared to a '07 model? The only difference I can see is that the newer models have door handles and side view mirrors that are color coded as well as "perforated" grilles...I understand that the '07's gauge cluster is more electronically illuminated, but I'm not 100% certain? Can anyone tell me when these changes came about?

thank you!

I know here in Canada that the CE doesn't come stock with colour co-ordinated handles and mirrors. I know that the part where the fog light would go has been changed as well as adding a middle rear headrest since the earlier 9th gens.

• 1,424 posts
Hi allI am a proud owner of a 2003 CE, and I was wondering what the (subtle) difference in body style/molding between my year of 'Rolla is compared to a '07 model? The only difference I can see is that the newer models have door handles and side view mirrors that are color coded as well as "perforated" grilles...I understand that the '07's gauge cluster is more electronically illuminated, but I'm not 100% certain? Can anyone tell me when these changes came about?

thank you!

2003 CE had body colored door handles but black moldings and mirrors. Same with 04-07. In 2005 Toyota switched to a perforated grille instead of one with horizontal bars. That year they also went from an electroluminescent instrument panel to Optitron instrument panel on the LE. It is also the year that the Corolla got the option of a tire pressure monitoring system, and the year that the Corolla got 3 rear head restraints. These changes have carried through until '07 except that the tire pressure system now works differently and is available in one more color, Speedway Blue.

Wow-ok, so it is basically impossible to tell the difference between model years apart from the perforated 2005 grille...?

That's a good reason to buy a Corolla! Your car stays up to date for several years instead of a big model change after only one year. When the 10 generation comes out, apparently next year, the owners from '03 to '07 will feel like their cars are only a year older.

I know a better reason to buy a Corolla..It's a Toyota!!!!!!!

I considered Mazda (the Ford alliance scares me), and Honda (the theft record of theses vehicles is appalling), and I stayed with the "tried and true". My last vehicle was a 1988 Toyota 4x4 pickup with over 260,000KM on it-need I say more?

• 1,424 posts
I know a better reason to buy a Corolla..It's a Toyota!!!!!!!I considered Mazda (the Ford alliance scares me), and Honda (the theft record of theses vehicles is appalling), and I stayed with the "tried and true". My last vehicle was a 1988 Toyota 4x4 pickup with over 260,000KM on it-need I say more?

Look at my sig, see what I drive.

Mine has 36k on it, has been wrecked twice and still has 0 mechanical problems. Furthermore it has flawless fit and finish and feature content galore.

It is built in Japan with 100% Japanese parts, not including the transmission, which is not made by Ford. IIRC that vehicle shares virtually nothing with the North American Focus, and almost everything with the new Volvo S40. Since the European Focus is actually a really good car and is highly reliable and the S40 and 3 are roughly based on it, I'm betting my Mazda will be as well.

In reality the car doesn't have much of a Ford connection, which can be said for many Mazdas.

Now if we are talking about some vehicles, then yes, they have a Ford connection. The B-series is a rebadged Ranger Pickup, the Tribute is a rebadged Escape, and the Fusion is based on the Mazda6, although to be fair, Mazda came out with the design first and Ford simply borrowed it.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)