Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By collector, April 13, 2007

Hi all

2003 CE with 57,000KM. I notice a wierd noise coming from the dash, at first I thought it was my CD player trying to eject a stuck disk, and have since deduced that it wasn't the case It SOUNDS like that though.... (I drove with no CD and the stereo off). It is very random, and it doesn't seem like it is an air bubble in the coolant/heater hose lines. (It doesn't "surge" with acceleration, unlike my '88 3.0L pickup, which always seemed to have some kind of coolant leak). I also seem to get a whiff of stale air conditioning every so often, even though I have never have turned it on ( except to test it) since I bought it a month ago.

Is this anything to be worried about? Or is it just a Corolla thing to get used to? default_blink

Many thanks!

If you have it on a heat setting - could be just coolant running through the heater core - I get that occasionally on both of mine. On the 2003+ Corolla/Matrix - there is a cabin air filter that has to be changed every once and a while - otherwise the air quality starts to get a little funny from all the trapped debris on it (leaves, bugs, etc.)

Ok, that's a relief, although the service record shows the cabin filter was changed at the last servicing. (55,000KM) default_blink

Thanks for the info!

Topic List