Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Check Engine Light

by tinto99, April 9, 2007

First came on last week when my girlfriend took it a couple of blocks, noticed the light as well as car almost stalling, before immediately coming back home.

Not driven since then. Today, I check under the hood, all vacuum tubes look to be in place (including the after-market cruise control ones that tripped the CEL 6 yrs ago). Also, gas cap tightened properly.

One problem I noticed was the blown 30A fan fuse. Replaced it, but CEL still on.

Besides O2 and plugs, any other ideas? I don't think 7th gens have MAF sensor, correct?

Thanks in advance.

After you attempt to fix the problem causing the CEL, you need to reset the CEL. To do this, remove the negative battery cable for about 5 minutes (or flash the computer if you know how on your vehicle).

I doubt that a blown fuse would cause a CEL. Head over to the nearest auto parts store and ask them if they will read the OBD2 codes for free. If they will, great! If not, try the next one. I know that AutoZone will read them for free and give you a printout of the codes and short description of what each one means.

That should help you with the diagnosis.

After you attempt to fix the problem causing the CEL, you need to reset the CEL. To do this, remove the negative battery cable for about 5 minutes (or flash the computer if you know how on your vehicle).

I doubt that a blown fuse would cause a CEL. Head over to the nearest auto parts store and ask them if they will read the OBD2 codes for free. If they will, great! If not, try the next one. I know that AutoZone will read them for free and give you a printout of the codes and short description of what each one means.

That should help you with the diagnosis.

Thanks Jeremy. I reset the CEL by disconnecting the battery. I turns out it was the blown fan fuse after all.

Thanks again.

Hummm....first I have hear of that, but doesn't surprise me.

Glad you got it figured out!

or the CEL just hasnt met the criteria to set again yet.

Topic List