Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

All Season Radial Tires?

by collector, April 2, 2007

Hi all-my '03 CE has the stock crappy Uniroyal Tiger Paws on it, 56,000KM and they are practically history, so I'm looking for suitable replacements. I'm interested in a tire that has good wet performance, and that will also give decent snow traction as well. My wife has a set of Dunlop Sport S' on her '97 Golf that are decent on wet and/or dry pavement, but I find that they are too soft, and are wearing out too rapidly for my liking. I'm more into durability as opposed to cornering ability; anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance! default_tongue

These would rock out and I would upgrade to a 195 tire.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...yes&place=0

I don't own this set, but Yokohama makes some really nice stuff. You can go by reviews.

I own a set of Yokohama ice guard tires and they are nicer and cheaper then the Blizzaks.

i have the H4s in stock size and theyre good tires.

Ti-Jean

If you are more into durability I'd go for these;

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...eModel=AVID+TRZ

I put a set on mine when the car was practically new and upgraded to 195/65-15 as on the S and LE.

They are great in the wet but I use a dedicated set of wheels and tires for the winter so can't comment on their winter behavior.

I find the Michelin X radial product available at BJs to be a terrific product. I'm on my 4th set and they've performed admirably.

My current set has over 90K on them....they'll be changed before June.

Hi all-my '03 CE has the stock crappy Uniroyal Tiger Paws on it, 56,000KM and they are practically history, so I'm looking for suitable replacements. I'm interested in a tire that has good wet performance, and that will also give decent snow traction as well. My wife has a set of Dunlop Sport S' on her '97 Golf that are decent on wet and/or dry pavement, but I find that they are too soft, and are wearing out too rapidly for my liking. I'm more into durability as opposed to cornering ability; anyone have any suggestions?Thank you in advance! default_tongue

Thanks guys,

I was going to wait until after the summer until I get new rubber, but these Uniroyals suck (slick?) big time...Even with slightly wet conditions, the tires totally lack traction-makes me sound like I'm redlining, when I'm applying normal throttle from a stop.

I was also looking at Pirelli P3000 M&S Touring tires...they seem to be in line with what I'm looking at as well , but I think the Yoko's will be more cost effective.

Thanks again!

Topic List