Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Best Brake Pads?

by clarkemode, February 13, 2007

I am researching the best front brake pads for when I need to replace my front OEM pads. Can anyone give me some advice or recommendations for pads?

Thanks!

I like to use Performance Friction pads. They are a ceramic semi-metallic pad so they wont squeal (usually, when installed properly) and they have a lifetime warranty. ~$40 per axle.

best is pretty relative. best at what? being quiet? best at stopping? longest lasting? cheapest? gentlest on the rotors? least dust?

Bikeman982

If you go to a parts store they probably have several that may fit your car.

For my car I got the best available (which were ceramic) and they were Raybestos brand.

They are supposed to last the life of the car and they were the most expensive.

Raybestos also makes cheaper versions from different materials.

If you go to a parts store they probably have several that may fit your car.For my car I got the best available (which were ceramic) and they were Raybestos brand.

Somethings gotta wear, if the pads last the lifetime, the rotors will wear/warp fast.

Bikeman982

If you go to a parts store they probably have several that may fit your car.For my car I got the best available (which were ceramic) and they were Raybestos brand.

Somethings gotta wear, if the pads last the lifetime, the rotors will wear/warp fast.

The parts place didn't say that they would not wear, only that they had a warranty free of defects for the life of the car.

The pads probably will wear, but at a much slower rate than ones made from a different material.

Rotors probably won't wear that much - which is stronger, the metal that rotors are made from, or ceramic?

Guest speedknot

I use the Bendix IQ pads for years now without any problems. I have over 137,000 miles on my 99' and have used many different brands. The Bendix seems to be the best all round pad for my car.

Pads & rotors go together like bread and butter

I use the Bendix IQ pads for years now without any problems. I have over 137,000 miles on my 99' and have used many different brands. The Bendix seems to be the best all round pad for my car.

Second that on the Bendix. I use pads and rotors. Use on all my cars and my kids as well. They're quiet, rotor friendly (pads), and they give long life.

When did you get these? I thought they dropped that warranty a few years ago.

My 03 and my son's 03 had bad squeal problems using ceramic aftermarket pads with OEM rotors.

Independent mechanic bought OEM from Toyota and problem went away.

Aftermarket pads may be noisy if you don't also change rotors.

Since my OEM pads lasted over 100,000 kms with pad lining to spare, I replaced them with OEM pads. I never had any issues with brake performance or squealing, so I'm one of those "if it ain't broke, why fix it?"

Now mind you, my Corolla is my daily driver and I drive it pretty gently.

Topic List