Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By tastyratz, February 7, 2007

So ive been doing some searching here, google, and ebay and ive come up fruitless. Does anyone know of some cheap rear strut tower bars that would fit my 2000 corolla ve? I found tons of fronts but who and where on the rears??

default_laugh have you ever looked at the location of the rear strut towers? do that and then hopefully you'll see why theres no bars, if you dont then please step away from the car and give me your tools.
default_laugh have you ever looked at the location of the rear strut towers? do that and then hopefully you'll see why theres no bars, if you dont then please step away from the car and give me your tools.

lol

who needs passengers anyway? I say get the saws-all and make room for custom installation!

default_laugh

Is it even possible? You could probably just use a front strut bar if its the same distance, but I thought there is physical metal separating the two rear towers. I suppose if you start drilling holes... default_ohmy

They make rear tie bars - little tough to find. Does require some "fabrication" to fit - but can be done. Same goes for any number of chassis mods - they have floor braces, lower lateral arm bars, and roll cages of all types. Anything is possible if you have the time, money, and equipment to do it - or find someone willing to do it. I've even seen guys get all their seams welded up (ala WRC unitbody treatment) - cost them about $8K at the shop - but not sure what they are doing now.

So ive been doing some searching here, google, and ebay and ive come up fruitless. Does anyone know of some cheap rear strut tower bars that would fit my 2000 corolla ve? I found tons of fronts but who and where on the rears??

Why do you think you need a rear strut bar? And no, there aren't any.

Theres some physical metal but im not afraid of a little dremel or sawzall work ;-) surprised theres none you can find that just ask you to notch them...

Bikeman982

I have never seen any for the rear. I thought the rear suspension and chasis were sufficient for any nor mal driving.

Any driving needing more rear support probably is not safe on the public roads.

I've seen some on ebay a few months ago for the same price as a front strut bar. I never really found a need for one because there is already a rear sway bar. My car doesn't have a front sway bar so a strut bar up front helps.

sway bars and strut bars are completely different chassis pieces and serve completely different functions.

bikeman: its an economy car, being sufficient does not mean being proficient. Economy family cars tend to have chassis that are less braced than alot of other cars.

Its for this same reason I dont install cheap tires and "economy brakes" because sometimes that extra edge can save your life. You dont have to be driving your car wild and reckless on the street to warrant a minor cheap modification that increases road stability.

Topic List