Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

A Few Questions.

by corolla75, January 27, 2007

Hello. I have a 94 corolla dx four door that I bought recently. Does anybody know how to take out the front bumper and headlights? Anybody know a link for a DIY? Thanks

And when I start up the car and warm it up, the whole car starts to shake when it's on park. When I drive, it's runs smoothly but when I fully stop, it's starts shaking again. Do I have to replace the motor mounts or something else?

Anybody..???

auto or manual? what is the rpm reading at idle? last tune-up date?

auto... I can't really tell by rpm reading cos the 94 corollas don't have that on their gauges.

Actually the most important part I need is the DIY on how to replace a headlight and front bumper. Probably some parts are loose and shaking the car..

Don't really need a DIY on headlight removal. You have to take off the 3 (I think) screws holding the grill on since they're screwed into the headlights. Then there's two or three bolts holding each headlight on. There's a screw on each headlight that's pretty obvious, but that only adjusts the angle of your lights. Take the bolts off and either unplug or twist your bulbs off the headlights should come right off too.

I'm not sure how to take the bumper off, never tried it.

Thanks for the headlight tip..

I'm still wondering who would know how to detach a front bumper.. Anybody..??

Assuming that it is not much different that the 8th gen (1998-2002) Corollas - here is a scan from the FSM:

https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v620/fis...bumpercover.jpg

Remember to take your front plate off - as it hold the bumper cover onto the front bracket.

shaking at idle, ok going down the road - tune-up been done?, compression been checked? as much as i hate to say it, it could be a compression issue. not real low on compression, but about 1/2 what it should be can cause this. hope fully it is just mounts tho.

aaron

shaking at idle, ok going down the road - tune-up been done?, compression been checked? as much as i hate to say it, it could be a compression issue. not real low on compression, but about 1/2 what it should be can cause this. hope fully it is just mounts tho.aaron

Actually, I finally found out what was shaking.. The front bumper was loose and it is hitting some of the rubber covers... I just need to fix the headlight and re-dent the bumper a bit.. I don't think it's the motor mount.. The motor on has 100k original miles on it..

Bikeman982

shaking at idle, ok going down the road - tune-up been done?, compression been checked? as much as i hate to say it, it could be a compression issue. not real low on compression, but about 1/2 what it should be can cause this. hope fully it is just mounts tho.aaron

Actually, I finally found out what was shaking.. The front bumper was loose and it is hitting some of the rubber covers... I just need to fix the headlight and re-dent the bumper a bit.. I don't think it's the motor mount.. The motor on has 100k original miles on it..

Sounds like you are getting familiar with your car.

I highly recommend you purchase a Haynes or Chiltons repair manual.

They give descriptions and have pictures that answer lots of your questions.

I have several 7th generation Corollas in my family and have just sold a 1994 that I resurrected.

I use the manuals quite a lot, as well as the local junkyard for removal methods.

The car I drive is a 1994 and I just went over 162,000 miles.

The one I sold had 231,000 miles on it, when the previous owner seized it (ran it without oil).

I plan on getting another one to work on as my next project car.

Sounds like you are getting familiar with your car.

I highly recommend you purchase a Haynes or Chiltons repair manual.

The one I sold had 231,000 miles on it, when the previous owner seized it (ran it without oil).

thanks for that... I'm kinda getting used to it cos I used to work on my Honda Prelude last year.. But Toyota has different parts but mostly similar stuff to work on...

That previous owner must be crazy running without oil default_ohmy

Bikeman982

That previous owner must be crazy running without oil default_ohmy

He was not crazy - just young and he didn't know how to check it, plus it wasn't his car - it was his uncles.

Topic List