Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Foglights On Older Model Corollas

by dnevitable1, January 25, 2007

yeah I managed to put aftermarket fog lights on my 95 corolla. was a pain in the ######. has anyone tried putting on fog lights?

Do you mean installation into the bumper or grill or the wiring aspect of the fogs? Depending on where you sourced the gos - would be either straight forward install (but not EASY) or can be a nightmare (ie. missing relays, no wiring, no mounts, etc.)

Every car I have owned, I have installed fogs (if they didnt come with a working set).

I always find it a rear pita to find the "ideal" place to mount.

The first few seconds when I start drilling the holes is always scary for me.

The other pita is figuring out where to put the switch, so that it doesnt stick out like a sore thumb.

Outside of the planning part, its been pretty easy.

tdk.

Bikeman982

My son installed some lights on his 1993. He put them in the holes on the front bumper trim.

He had a problem because the switch that came with the lights did not seem to work.

He blew a couple of fuses, but finally got it wired with a different switch.

They certainly are bright!

how about a few pictures so that all can see what it looks like

looks cool. I like the look.

Downside: my headlights turn off automatically when I open the door so I never think about them. My fog lights don't. I've managed to kill my battery twice since I installed the fog lights. My solution was to buy a switch with a working light in it, and I doubt I'll ever leave them on by accident again.

on my 95 corolla I had to do a bit drilling. the wiring wasn't that bad. Had to wire it to the sides and through the door (good thing i have weatherstripping) and yeah took me a few hours. the switch was a pain in the ###### though. had to do alot of drilling there. putting it through the dash and all. but in the end it went well.

Bikeman982

on my 95 corolla I had to do a bit drilling. the wiring wasn't that bad. Had to wire it to the sides and through the door (good thing i have weatherstripping) and yeah took me a few hours. the switch was a pain in the ###### though. had to do alot of drilling there. putting it through the dash and all. but in the end it went well.
Was it wired to the battery, or a fusebox?

Why didn't you run the wires thru the firewall, where the main electrical harness goes thru?

Topic List