Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Greddy Emanage

By 954afe, January 5, 2007

anyone ever use greddy's emanage?

I have one on my other car - just the plain Greddy (Blue), not the Ultimate or Gold variants. Works very well once you get the maps loaded into it correctly - otherwise can be a major pain to use. Actually - they have a forum to help out people figure out the eManage units, as some people got them used and missing a bunch of wires or the wiring got screwed up -

http://www.emanageforums.com/forums/index.php?

Hardest part is getting it wired up correctly, once that happens, then it is a matter or loading the appropriate AFR maps and timing. Works well for a N/A car with some bolt ons (best way to get the most out of what you just installed) and is flexible enough to be programmed for boosted apps. Don't forget to get a wideband as well - can tune anything with the OEM sensor, regardless on how hard people try.

awesome thanks

Bikeman982

Is it like a GPS system?

no its a standalone engine managnment

Techincally it depends on which model - the Greddy BLUE is more a piggyback, the Greddy Ultimate is more like a standalone. Of they two - the Ultimate is the best bang for the buck (Blues are pretty good deal if you get them from eBay or such) - as compared to other standalone ECUs, it is much cheaper and easier to program.

true true forgot to mention that, thanks fish

Bikeman982

It replaces your ECU?

The Ultimate Emanage can replace the ECM - though not quite cost effective or even useful, unless you spend the time programming the unit and tuning it for the application at hand (OEM ECM solutions just plug and go - perfect for stock or near stock apps). Used to be stand-alone programmable computers to replace the factory ECU were thousands of dollars - now for around $600-$800, you can pick up the Greddy unit.

Bikeman982

The Ultimate Emanage can replace the ECM - though not quite cost effective or even useful, unless you spend the time programming the unit and tuning it for the application at hand (OEM ECM solutions just plug and go - perfect for stock or near stock apps). Used to be stand-alone programmable computers to replace the factory ECU were thousands of dollars - now for around $600-$800, you can pick up the Greddy unit.
What engine improvements result from changing to an Ultimate Emanage versus the OEM ECM?

Depends on the engine and what parts are on it. E-manage will allow one to modify key parameters like: fuel delivery and ignition timing, as well as a host of other parameters NOT supported by the OEM ECU. I think we talked about this before, here on the forums - at least compared two different piggyback units.

Example (why would a piggyback or stand alone computer be better):

- Compensates for upgraded mass air flow meters, throttle bodies, fuel injectors, upgraded fuel strategy, etc.

- Adjustment of fuel delivery atleast 5 different RPM ranges (fuel maps)

- Incorporated Fuel-Cut and Boost-Cut Controller

- Control of up to two additional injectors activated by boost or RPM level (forced induction projects)

- Idle adjustment circuit

- Ignition Timing Adjustment (advance and retard as needed)

- and more

Basically, once you change or modify the engine enough (increase displacement, change to larger injectors, change compression ratios, performance bolt ons, forced induction, etc.) to go above and beyond the original OEM programming - you need a piggyback computer to intercept the signals from key sensors and still retain use of the core OEM ECU (reinterpret signals to stay within a certain range) or just replace the whole thing with a stand-alone. Even simple modifications on some cars (like advancing ignition timing or changing the fuel/air map) cannot be done without reprogramming the OEM computer. Problem with most OEM, but especially with Toyota, they are not use programmable or can be adjusted to run something "out of bounds" so to speak.

Bikeman982

I try to keep my car as stock as possible (with some cosmetic exceptions) and I would not have a need for any other ECM or Greddy Emanage.

Topic List: Go to Everything Else