Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Frankenstein Corolla

By twinky64, December 11, 2006

gotta love the 3sgte!

Max

Absurd and way too fun. Like the Celica, too.

Sweet - the Fensport Corolla. Also realize it is more than just a 3SGTE swap - but also the whole 4WD system fitting from the Celica GT4 into the Corolla. I think they have it to 650HP now (mentioned 350HP in the video) - can hit 200+ MPH in 1.25 mile stretch - now that is really hauling the mail.

http://www.fensport.co.uk/fensportcarsfile...tCorolla4wd.htm

Look - its for sale to default_biggrin

Bikeman982

Not your typical family cars.

Good to see the Corolla is tops.

It blew the other cars away.

pretty sweet, i like the twin engine car though looks old school almost like a renault 5 turbo

Bikeman982

pretty sweet, i like the twin engine car though looks old school almost like a renault 5 turbo
I would have thought the two engine car would have been fastest.

It should have twice the power as a single engine car, but it got beat by the Corolla.

kinda not impressed by the numbers they dont seem right at all anyone else agree?

Bikeman982

The horsepower numbers do not indicate the capability to go correspondingly faster.

I think much of it also depends on the driver's ability to accelerate from the start and to shift rapidly.

Numbers are alright - they would be a lot worse if it wasn't for the 4WD putting the power to the ground. Problem is - like Bike mentioned - power is not a good metric for determining performance, but usually, the more you have - the better chance to go faster. Power to speed is not a linear relationship - below a certain threshold, a few HP here and there can realy improve overall performance of a car - once you go past it - take TONS of HP to get the same gains. You also have to look at the powerband - that Corolla is running a GT35/42 turbo - the ones that are good for 600+ HP but start spooling at 3K-3.5K RPMs (boost on the upper end). Just look at the trap speed in the 1/4.

ya but like they said they had run 10 seconds and stuff with it and it ran a 12 with taht kinda power and having run a 10 they should ahve been around 11 at least, and the last car that blue one i forget what it was had like what 270hp and even with a bad driver shouldnt run a 19, i was just wondering if it was a bit longer than 1/4mile ya know like not measured off right?

Numbers are alright - they would be a lot worse if it wasn't for the 4WD putting the power to the ground. Problem is - like Bike mentioned - power is not a good metric for determining performance, but usually, the more you have - the better chance to go faster. Power to speed is not a linear relationship - below a certain threshold, a few HP here and there can realy improve overall performance of a car - once you go past it - take TONS of HP to get the same gains. You also have to look at the powerband - that Corolla is running a GT35/42 turbo - the ones that are good for 600+ HP but start spooling at 3K-3.5K RPMs (boost on the upper end). Just look at the trap speed in the 1/4.
hey fish, how fast does a 1500HP Supra run the 1/4 mile?

About the same as a 900HP Supra default_biggrin Really, No kidding - they run almost the same ET in the quarter, just the trap speed will be way different.

There is one in the Chicago area that makes in excess of 1400HP - he runs in the low 8s to high 7s and traps around 145-160MPH+, depending on conditions.

The 1500HP one might be Ryan Woon's Street Supra - theres a video of him running a 8.62@169mph in the quarter 1/4 at a venue, he ran a 7.5 or quicker, but the trap was lower (he went through the last set of timing lights sideways).

Couple in the UK running massive numbers 1400HP+ and they ran the 1/4 mile in 8.14@174MPH

One in AU that runs 1200HP to the wheels and runs a 8.46@162MPH in the 1/4

The 900+ HP Supras run around the 9s - 10s and trap at 130-150MPH. There are quite a few 600HP+ Supras that I've seen slips in the neighborhood of low 11s and trap at 130+ MPH.

Bone stock 4th gen Supra - 320HP (advertised HP) runs low 13s, high 12s at around 110-115MPH

Remember that one in F&F with the TRD bodykit, crazy graphics, and ricer wing - the one owned by Craig Lieberman. That's been dynoed at 544HP and runs a 12.2@115 in the 1/4. But that also includes all the ICE inside to - runs 3600+ lbs. fully loaded, stock Supras run about 3200 lbs.

insane how much power they can make

fish, that was a joke man. relax default_tongue

My bad - I just got finished typing some numbers on another forum when I saw the post - just a little "cut and paste" action, little too quick on the reply button - that's all default_biggrin

Heh, shows what you can do with enough time and $$.

I have better things to do with my hard earned cash (pay the mortgage, college fund for the baby, FOOD), but if anybody wants to GIVE it to me...

tdk.

Topic List: Go to Everything Else