Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Forum Changes

By Dave, December 6, 2006

• 320 posts

We've updated to the latest version of the software - and then it took me a long time to actually fix the problems I caused in the pgrade! All OK now .

• 1,424 posts
We've updated to the latest version of the software - and then it took me a long time to actually fix the problems I caused in the pgrade! All OK now .

I like the new software, it is familiar, yet offers additional features that are quite handy like board stats and little icons that tell who is online and who is offline. Is this the new forum software with the SPAM filtering or is that still yet to come?

-the99contour

Bikeman982

I just came on and noticed some changes - is there still a post count somewhere?

• 1,424 posts

I just came on and noticed some changes - is there still a post count somewhere?

Yeah, there are both individual post counts that appear under your username in each post, and a total post count under the section "Board Statistics" at the bottom of the page. Right now the total post count for all members is over 41,000.

Bikeman982

Yeah, there are both individual post counts that appear under your username in each post, and a total post count under the section "Board Statistics" at the bottom of the page. Right now the total post count for all members is over 41,000.

Great! I just went back and looked at it. Looks great.

I am not able to post a personal photo even though it is within the requirements. whats the deal with that?

• 1,424 posts
I am not able to post a personal photo even though it is within the requirements. whats the deal with that?

As I posted in another thread on the subject, the picture posting feature is not working currently. It is either turned off or doesn't work in this version of the software yet.

-the99contour

K_Watson

I don't stay logged in after I leave like could before the update. And yes "Remember Me" is checked. Any one else have this issue?

• 1,424 posts
I don't stay logged in after I leave like could before the update. And yes "Remember Me" is checked. Any one else have this issue?

No, I have no such problem. Do you have cookies disabled? If you use Firefox, make sure that you don't have the privacy set so that any cookies that you delete can not be put back on your computer.

-the99contour

K_Watson

No, I have no such problem. Do you have cookies disabled? If you use Firefox, make sure that you don't have the privacy set so that any cookies that you delete can not be put back on your computer.

-the99contour

I do have FF at home and I have checked the cookies, www.corolland.com/forums is listed as accept. Also the same thing happens at work, which is Win XP Embedded with IE 6.

Bikeman982

I use Windows XP Pro and it is never the same for me.

Sometimes it keeps me logged on, and sometimes I have to log back in.

I use a shortcut link on my desktop. That works most of the time.

When it does not, I make another link.

Dave, I think you should either enable the personal photos completely, or just turn off the option. People get pissed at creating a 150x150 photo of themself, just to get an error message and find out it cant be uploaded ..just a thought..

IP Board upgrade more robust, which is nice. But lacking a personal avatar is lame. 99% of all other BB software allow users to upload their own hosted avatars.

I keep getting logged out every other day or so even though I have picked the option to be remembered. Anybody else also experience this?

Bikeman982

I keep getting logged out every other day or so even though I have picked the option to be remembered. Anybody else also experience this?
I think there are a lot of people with the same problem.

I create a shortcut on my desktop and every few days or so I have to re-do it.

else also experience this?

Yes, this is happening to me too. I'll be investigating over the next couple of days..will post results with my findings.

Bikeman982

else also experience this?

Yes, this is happening to me too. I'll be investigating over the next couple of days..will post results with my findings.

Great. Let us know what you find.

• 320 posts

My apologies for the problems and my non-responsiveness. I updated to a new bug-fix version which _should_ fix the photo posting. If not I'll take care of it. Avatars are not planned. Logout issues should now be fixed. Let me know if you have any problems there.

I will probably be setting up a registry in a few weeks...

Topic List: Go to Everything Else