Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

1991 Corolla Window Problem

by jaybienweb, November 19, 2006 in Pre-1997 Toyota Corolla and Geo Prizm

Hi. Quick question. I was recently inherited a 1991 Corolla. It's not in the best of shape body-wise, but it runs fine and fairly reliably(knock on wood). Anyhoo, I was cleaning it out the other day and rolled one of the windows down. At about the midway point, I heard something detach and, literally, fall into the door. The window wouldn't crank up or down. I had to physically pull the window back up. Any idea what this could be?

Also, the driver's side window seems to be out of alignment. It's always sorta cracked open a bit and, when pushed on from the inside, it seems a bit loose...

I guess my question is, does any of this sound like something I can fix myself? I bought a Haynes manual off of ebay, a few days ago, just waiting to receive it.

Thanks!!

open the door panel, i bet the cable snapped or came detached. a new unit is about $60 from the dealer or cheaper if you pull it from a junkyard.

open the door panel, i bet the cable snapped or came detached. a new unit is about $60 from the dealer or cheaper if you pull it from a junkyard.

Ahh, so we're talking something probably like this?

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/WindowRegulators/...WRG00230/461997

Is there a website that details how to remove the door panel?

Thanks for the help.

yea! thats the part. its easy to change, but you need to wear gloves and work carefully inside the door. it helps to have a friend to hand you tools and hold the glass.

i dont know the exacts of how your door comes apart, but i'd imagine that you'd remove inside handles (door handle, latch handle, window crank) and then just pull gently to pop the clips from the door and pull the inside cover off.

Bikeman982

What's it look like for power windows?

Topic List: Go to Pre-1997 Toyota Corolla and Geo Prizm