Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Lsi Prizm?

By 954afe, November 17, 2006

so ive been wondering, i have a 95 prizm lsi supposed to be the highest model prizm that can come with all the options, mine came with steely wheels, non lsd tranny, no ac, no powersteering, no sunroof, no sway bars, 4afe engine, all of which can come on a base model, why would my car be an lsi like what else could make it one?

LSi is the trim level that would be equivalent to a Corolla DX at that time - there are Prism GSi which are the sportier variants - though they tend to be harder to find. In that generation, 7th gen Corolla/Prism - they only had either the base or the LSi trim. You could spec a base Prism to have more options that a LSi trim - just depends on what that person ordered.

The only weird thing that I see is that LSi supposed come OEM with A/C and P/S. I would check your VIN as see what supposed to come with it or not. Very rare cases - something they save the A/C and P/S for a dealer installed option, so called port-side or dock-side installs (comes from the factory without those and supposed to installed afterwards). Also depends on where the car was intended to be sold (west coast, east cost, midwest, etc. - as I've seen some 7th gen Prism LSi come "standard" with A/C, P/S, PW and locks, ABS, 4-speed and the 7AFE - but those usually retail for $15K+. Other "standard" Prism LSi run around $12K, but also come with a lot less features. But if you have tilt-steering and a trunk passthrough - then I would say that you have the LSi trim (those did not come with the base).

The LSi trim had the 4AFE stock, the 7AFE was an upgrade option, 5-speed was standard on both trims, if you had an automatic - the base would be a 3-speed auto, LSi come with the 4-speed auto. Steel wheels are standard - but the LSi came with wheel covers, those were an option on the base Prisms.

gsi;s were only found in the older prizm's the 90-92, well i have a tilt steering wheel and a fold down back seat, only two options ha, awesome

Bikeman982

Sounds like the car did not have options put on it by the manufacturer. You may have purchased a stripped down version.

o well, less weight for me

Bikeman982

o well, less weight for me
Also less things that can go wrong.

true true, narrows down alot of things

Topic List: Go to Everything Else