Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

What Do You Guys Think?

by twinky64, November 17, 2006

if your going for looks id get a nice set of rims even the stock alloy ones, might really set the car off

Bikeman982

I think the hubcaps are good and the taillights make the car look "cool".

Definitely better that the stock look.

It is not really what we think -more about how you feel about it.

defintly, im not into all the flashy stuff but if it makes you happy then do it spare no experince, cant put a price on happyness, i mean look at my rolling a 95 geo prizm and im happy than can be, keep on loving your corolla, i love the white on the corolla body style

Max

I like 'em. default_smile

Looks pretty good - good job default_biggrin. I agree with your choice of black lamps vs the chome variants. They match the overall color scheme of your car.

that looks sharp! very clean default_cool

WOW!!!! Thank you all. This has really been a surprising in terms of the responses I am getting! The first 2 people I asked thought that it either looked quasi ricey (aka quasi wannabe), or they cannot figure out whether or not they like them. But hey really, thank you all!

Next up, painting the interior. Now that I have my confidence back at painting my hubcaps, I think I will work on the interior. O yea, and changing the headlights to that ebay, dual bulb projector style:

https://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i106/twinky64/Corolla1.jpg

What I can't figure out is if I should keep the OEM corner signals with these style headlights or change them to

a) clear corners

default_cool black housing JDM

Its hard to say from just imagining it. Please, give me your opinions on this matter!

NOTE: The middle finger air freshener in my rear view mirror. default_laugh

i like the projectors they will look good on the white, the corollas dont have the clear corners stock? cause as far as i was away the prizm's all came with clear corner lights correct me if im wrong someone. dont let people piss you off when they flash their brights at you, people hate projectors youll love them

i like the projectors they will look good on the white, the corollas dont have the clear corners stock? cause as far as i was away the prizm's all came with clear corner lights correct me if im wrong someone. dont let people piss you off when they flash their brights at you, people hate projectors youll love them
Yea, I suppose they are labeled clear corners for my 98. The question that I ask myself is that huge contrast between black projector style headlights and then suddenly, clear corners. If the clear corners were black housing, I dont know, perhaps it would look better.

I thought about buying "Altezza" tail lights for my Corolla and then a friend beat me to it. He noticed that when in his garage and putting his brake light on that it hardly even lit up the garage. He's since changed them back as they may have looked nice but we both agree that being seen is more important than looking nice.

ya id say go with black housing corner lights i think it would look better

Yea, I suppose they are labeled clear corners for my 98. The question that I ask myself is that huge contrast between black projector style headlights and then suddenly, clear corners. If the clear corners were black housing, I dont know, perhaps it would look better.

I have no say in the 9th gen corollas but for my corolla, the tail lights light up beautifully. Also, the bar light above the trunk will illuminate as well when braking

Bikeman982

WOW!!!! Thank you all. This has really been a surprising in terms of the responses I am getting! The first 2 people I asked thought that it either looked quasi ricey (aka quasi wannabe), or they cannot figure out whether or not they like them. But hey really, thank you all!

Next up, painting the interior. Now that I have my confidence back at painting my hubcaps, I think I will work on the interior. O yea, and changing the headlights to that ebay, dual bulb projector style:

https://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i106/twinky64/Corolla1.jpg

What I can't figure out is if I should keep the OEM corner signals with these style headlights or change them to

a) clear corners

default_cool black housing JDM

Its hard to say from just imagining it. Please, give me your opinions on this matter!

NOTE: The middle finger air freshener in my rear view mirror. default_laugh

I have clear corner lights (from e-Bay) on my car and I think they look better than stock.

I would recommend dark lights (to go along with your headlights) as the clear corner lights would not look as good for your car.

I have clear corner lights (from e-Bay) on my car and I think they look better than stock.I would recommend dark lights (to go along with your headlights) as the clear corner lights would not look as good for your car.

I agree completely with Bikeman on the dark corners with those dual bulb headlights.

Hey Bikeman - Do you have any dark/black (not chrome) aftermarket taillights on any of your 7th gens? If so where did you get them? Thanks!

Bikeman982

I have clear corner lights (from e-Bay) on my car and I think they look better than stock.

I would recommend dark lights (to go along with your headlights) as the clear corner lights would not look as good for your car.

I agree completely with Bikeman on the dark corners with those dual bulb headlights.

Hey Bikeman - Do you have any dark/black (not chrome) aftermarket taillights on any of your 7th gens? If so where did you get them? Thanks!

I don't have any, but if they are available, I am sure someone on e-Bay would sell them.

I don't have any, but if they are available, I am sure someone on e-Bay would sell them.

Yeah, I wish. I have had zero luck in the ebay/general google searching. They just have those shiny chrome altezza ones. default_sad

Bikeman982

Yeah, I wish. I have had zero luck in the ebay/general google searching. They just have those shiny chrome altezza ones. default_sad

Maybe some window tinting would work on them??

How about high temperature paint that still allows the light to get thru?

Topic List