Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By Dave, November 5, 2006

• 320 posts

I just wanted to thank the moderators for their excellent spam protection. I don't know why this site has been targeted, but their quick actions have been saving the day. I keep adding new IP zones and e-mail addresses to the ban list, but it's very hard to stay on top, and I can hardly ban everyone who uses Comcast (for example)... so thanks to the mods, and I hope the spammers give up!

• 1,424 posts
I just wanted to thank the moderators for their excellent spam protection. I don't know why this site has been targeted, but their quick actions have been saving the day. I keep adding new IP zones and e-mail addresses to the ban list, but it's very hard to stay on top, and I can hardly ban everyone who uses Comcast (for example)... so thanks to the mods, and I hope the spammers give up!

Thanks Dave, Nillinois and myself do our best to catch SPAM and warn and suspend those who SPAM the forum. Unfortunately we don't always get to it as soon as it is posted because we have other commitments. However, I think we keep the forums relatively SPAM free compared to how it was when it was just one person trying to fight all the SPAM that was coming in. Three people fighting SPAM is simply more effective than 1.

We also need to give a shout out to our members. About half the time, Nillinois and myself are alerted to SPAM by one member or several members. We really appreciate this, it makes our jobs so much easier. So Corollanders, keep reporting SPAM to us, and we'll keep removing it.

Good Day,

the99contour

Nice to see decrease in spam.

Thanks to all who help keep this a nice board.

Access-Denied (+1)

ah, fighting spam on a website/message board is a pain.

Bikeman982

I have not seen any spam in a while, so the blocking must be working well.

• 1,424 posts
I have not seen any spam in a while, so the blocking must be working well.

The blocking is helping, but like Dave said, we can not ban everyone who uses Comcast or Time Warner or any IP. Since we can't do that, we still get spammers. You just haven't noticed because Nillinois and myself are doing our jobs. Even though I'm taking a full course load right now and working, I'm keeping up with the board and so is Nillinois. I've personally deleted no less than 3 Spam posts since Saturday and I know that Nillinois deleted several more since I received alerts to them.

Again, please help us help you by alerting us to SPAM and offensive or inappropriate posts by using the "report" button at the bottom of the post in question.

-the99contour

Was this recent? I check this site almost daily and I didnt' see anything recently. You all should get a pat on the back, many times mods don't get the credit they deserve.

• 1,424 posts
Was this recent? I check this site almost daily and I didnt' see anything recently. You all should get a pat on the back, many times mods don't get the credit they deserve.

Yeah, I meant this past Saturday, November 4th, 2006. The reason you probably haven't seen them is because I'm deleting them at 1 and 2 in the morning or as soon as I see one posted while I'm on the forum.

Bikeman982

I report all that I see, but I am only on about once a day (usually at midnight CA time).

Topic List