Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Help With Passport To Performance Schedule

by 5th Beatle October 14, 2006

Just took delivery of '05 Corolla CE with AT. I have question(s) about coolant and AT fluid/filter schedule.

Passport to Performance calls for engine coolant to be inspected at 15K intervals with replacement at 100K. AT fluid/oil calls for "inspection" at 30K intervals but nowhere does it mention replacing filter/fluid. Am I missing something?

Regarding engine coolant, I'm a little confused with the drain/fill versus drain/flush/fill if I do it myself. I plan on a long relationship just like my '88 Camry DLX with 344,000+ miles. Thanks for any and all advice.

5th Beatle

Just took delivery of '05 Corolla CE with AT. I have question(s) about coolant and AT fluid/filter schedule.Passport to Performance calls for engine coolant to be inspected at 15K intervals with replacement at 100K. AT fluid/oil calls for "inspection" at 30K intervals but nowhere does it mention replacing filter/fluid. Am I missing something?

Regarding engine coolant, I'm a little confused with the drain/fill versus drain/flush/fill if I do it myself. I plan on a long relationship just like my '88 Camry DLX with 344,000+ miles. Thanks for any and all advice.

5th Beatle

At 30k just drain (3 quarts) of AT fluid from pan and refill. Do this two more times at each of the next two oil changes. Don't worry about the filter. That AT tranny will outlive most other components of the car.

I drain my coolant every december from the radiator draincock and refill with fresh toyota red and distilled water 50/50. Costs $17 bucks and keeps the water pump seals well lubed. Never needs a flush.

Oil change every 3k with 50% dino and 50% synth. new filter at every other change.

Air filter at every 15k whether it needs it or not.

Easy driving and this thing will do 300k easy.

Topic List