Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By Bitter, September 8, 2006

My girlfriend go into an accident today, well rather she caused one. she was coming to an intersection that was green her way and didnt see the brake lights of the person infront of her and hit them, it sounds like from her description that she locked her wheels and slid, because she said that the brake pedal was down as hard as it would go but the car wouldnt stop. i know for a fact from doing the brakes on her car with her that the brakes are mechanically sound and do work. I also know that the cheap snip '$50 for all 4 installed' tires on that car will lock and slide in a hard stop. cheap snip tires like that shouldnt be road legal! She says shes fine, but she sounds really bummed about it.

Wow - sorry to hear about that, but at least it sounds like she is alright. Accidents happen, even in the best situations, that is why there is insurance. Hope that everything works out - everyone gets pretty down after an accident, but it will over and behind her very soon.

but her sky-high insurance premiums will stay with her for a while. mine just dropped because i turned 21, but hers look like they'll be going up!

Bikeman982

Bad news for the girlfriend. There are people who stop for green lights (foreigners, idiots, etc.) and we as drivers have to look for cars in front of us and not just the lights.

Budget tyres (or even retreads) have been found to increase one's braking distance by 20%. Any brand-name tyre will do fine if driven by the normal driver, but retreads are dangerous, though, I know of a few crashes that were the result of a cheap tyre or retread failing.

Bikeman982

Budget tyres (or even retreads) have been found to increase one's braking distance by 20%. Any brand-name tyre will do fine if driven by the normal driver, but retreads are dangerous, though, I know of a few crashes that were the result of a cheap tyre or retread failing.
I hate cheap retread tyres.

Topic List: Go to Everything Else