Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2004 Toyota Corolla Cd Player

by racket1976, August 30, 2006

HI I wanted to know if Scion mp3 (04 -05 availabe in ebay) player will fit in 04 corolla..The scion player looks a little bigger than most single dins.

I want to install a cd/mp3 player in corolla but with most single dins i dont like the ugly hole which is left on top.\thanks

From what I've heard - it will still fit - but you will have to trim the faceplate for it to fit correctly. Not sure if you want to go that route with modifying the front of the radio. They do make a textured trim plate that will fill that gap left over with aftermarket headunits - just have to shop around for a decent kit.

From what I've heard - it will still fit - but you will have to trim the faceplate for it to fit correctly. Not sure if you want to go that route with modifying the front of the radio. They do make a textured trim plate that will fill that gap left over with aftermarket headunits - just have to shop around for a decent kit.

where do i shop for it...

Usually the ones that come in little bags are useless. They used to make a very complete kit - costs just a bit more than the cheaper ones. Like I said - have to look around. Most big retailers, Best Buy. Circuit City, etc. generally will not stock these (not enough margin = profit), sometimes you have to go online or shop the specialty stores. Many found textured materials at craft stores and made their own. Just cruise the SoundDomain sites - lots of examples there.

There's no big ugly hole as you can just get the entire module to fit the radio and add an extra cubby as well. I have a pic I took last winter but includes a lot of road dust. I now use the top shelf for servietts (or however you spell it) from Tim Hortons or McDonalds..kept in a neat and orderly fashion of course.

http://www.maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=741145

Bikeman982

There's no big ugly hole as you can just get the entire module to fit the radio and add an extra cubby as well. I have a pic I took last winter but includes a lot of road dust. I now use the top shelf for servietts (or however you spell it) from Tim Hortons or McDonalds..kept in a neat and orderly fashion of course.

Looks like it fits perfectly in your car. Even gives you an extra space for putting small items.

Thanks for the picture..

There are two types of mounting kits one like this one and other which has the little space below..

does anyone has a picture of that...I am thinking which one will look better...

Thanks for the picture..There are two types of mounting kits one like this one and other which has the little space below..

does anyone has a picture of that...I am thinking which one will look better...

I just called the local shop that did my installation and apparently there is only the one style for the Corolla. The shelf that I got gives the most available space because of what's behind it, or so I'm told.

I checked out Future Shop and was told the same thing. The cost here is $25 for the adapter which is all one solid piece.

No idea who makes the Scion radios. So I cant say if corolla can use the scion radios... something to look into... But just because they are both for toyota, doesnt mean that they will be the same height.

I noticed that some of our newer radios are 2DIN high but much wider. actually, the radio is not bigger, but the trimplate is.

If you get an aftermarket radio from one of the larger retailers, they will usually install it for "free". Actually, its not free, but that what they say.

If you order on-line, someplaces will include all the mounting hardware (crutchfield.com)

good luck.

and let us see some pics when you are done with the install.

tdk

Hi, new here - want to put a new stereo in my 2004 Corolla but when I search for ones that fit at BestBuy.com and CircuitCity.com they all say there are no stereos that will fit. I came here and see that it can be done - muzak, that looks great! - can you give me advice on the exact module kit I need to ask for when I go to buy the stereo? I searched for Metra 99-8204 on bestbuy.com but they don't seem to sell it.

Thanks, auntpama

I would think that any major place that installs car stereos would sell it. Powerline, here in my city put it in when they did the change and my daughter had hers put in at Future Shop. I don't imagine you would see them on the shelf as they are hanging on racks in the shop and cost me about $25. Mine doesn't match the surround as I've added the woodgrain and the shelf is the same colour as the stock dash.

I make use of the shelf above with serviettes.

http://www.maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=763902

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)