Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Hurricanes

By muzak, August 29, 2006

Anyone here had any experience with hurricanes or live near whear Ernesto may hit? The only hurricane in my lifetime that did any damage around here was Hazel so she's retired now.

While listening to the Sean Hannity radio program yesterday afternoon, there was a guest from the National Weather Service describing Ernesto's predicted path. Looks like he's first going to molest Florida, as usual, then work his way northeas, raising havoc in the Carolinas and even as far north as the Delmarva Peninsula, which is my neck of the woods. It will be carrying a lot of rain, and will be fairly slow moving, which will make flooding the principle danger. I strongly urge all forum members who live along the East coast to keep an eye on Ernesto, and track it at www.nws.noaa.gov.

Bikeman982

I was at New Orleans right after Katrina hit to help evacuate the residents. It was almost a panic scenario. Good thing the USAF provides humanitarian relief!!

Carolina's getting hit again..wow they get more hurricanes than Florida don't they?...rolling up to them along the Eastern Side.

Bikeman982

It is actually sunny and a little too hot here today in northern CA.

It is going to be a wet Labor Day weekend for me - but it seems it rained every Labor Day since I've been here, so no big deal.

In my line of work, oceanography, bigger the storm the better - makes for nice big waves. We usually have experiments in the late summer fall in the Carolinas, when hurricanes are most likely to hit. Hurricane wise, it has been pretty quite the last five years or so - now it is starting to follow previous trends.

I always thought fishexpo101 was a full-time Corolla or Toyota mechanic from the many detailed and insightful posts! default_smile

Bikeman982

I always thought fishexpo101 was a full-time Corolla or Toyota mechanic from the many detailed and insightful posts! default_smile

No, you are mistaken, he is not a mechanic -

He is a multi-talented highly informed over-achieving auto-enthusiast extroidinaire!!

Topic List: Go to Everything Else