Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By AlvinB, August 18, 2006 in Pre-1997 Toyota Corolla and Geo Prizm

I just bought for cheap a 1990 corolla that hadn't seen a day of being cleaned in its entire life. I chose to disassemble much of the interior (center console, dash bezel, etc) simply to clean them (and painted them a conservative flat black while at it).

Problem is, I can't seem to identify how to remove the speakers from behind the lower dash bezels. This is a 1990 (6th gen) so the front speakers are in the lower dash rather than the doors. The driver's side lower bezel seems to want to hang on for dear life, and I can't find what's holding it. The speaker cage is too large to come out through the grill area. And I haven't even looked beyond taking the grill off on the pass. side.

Anybody know the proper procedure for removing the front speakers?

Bikeman982

Most panels that are not screwed on or have plates covering the screws are usually snapped in. I know when I had my 1991 and 1992 that if I did not know how things came apart I could check it at the local junkyard. That way I found out the little secret of where and how it was fastened. I have seen lots of 6th generation Corollas at the local junkyard and I would check at a place like that first. That way if something breaks - no loss to you. Just a suggestion.

Topic List: Go to Pre-1997 Toyota Corolla and Geo Prizm