Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest bull4h

I have a 92 corolla and now when I turn on the a/c I'm getting hot air. I've noticed the compressor and the fans were not turning on. I can run 12V to the compressor and get it to run and both fans do activate when the car reaches normal temperature. The system does blow cold air when I do this. I have checked and replaced all of the relays and fuses(hood, driver, and passenger). Pressures checked out O.K. I'm stumped and any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bikeman982

I have a 92 corolla and now when I turn on the a/c I'm getting hot air. I've noticed the compressor and the fans were not turning on. I can run 12V to the compressor and get it to run and both fans do activate when the car reaches normal temperature. The system does blow cold air when I do this. I have checked and replaced all of the relays and fuses(hood, driver, and passenger). Pressures checked out O.K. I'm stumped and any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

From your description it sounds like the compressor is either not getting the voltage thru the normal wiring, or it has a bad ground. Recheck all the fuses and also meter for voltages along the wires to isolate the source of the power loss. Could be a broken wire inside the insulation and difficult to detect without a meter.

Topic List