Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Spam Status

By Dave, August 4, 2006

• 320 posts

Spam seems to still be coming in, though I have to thank the moderators for quickly disposing of it. I am watching the trash can and banning IPs. I wish there was an akismet filter for IPB or some other relaible method of banning the spam... but in the meantime, I think they'll just get tired of having their rubbish disappear after an hour or two.

Spam seems to still be coming in, though I have to thank the moderators for quickly disposing of it. I am watching the trash can and banning IPs. I wish there was an akismet filter for IPB or some other relaible method of banning the spam... but in the meantime, I think they'll just get tired of having their rubbish disappear after an hour or two.

Yes, the generally move on to more productive hunting grounds after they see, like graffiti, it disappears.

• 1,424 posts

Yes, the generally move on to more productive hunting grounds after they see, like graffiti, it disappears.

I concur. I've been scouring each sub-section of the forums myself several times a day for SPAM. Each time I find SPAM myself or am alerted to it, I delete it as soon as I can. Then I deal with the SPAMMER by disabling their ability to post. So far it has seemed to work because we have seen a decrease in the SPAM posted here over the past month or so. It seems that when I was first appointed a Moderator that we got several a day and now we may only get several in a week. Anyway, I think that Nillinois, Dave and myself are doing a good job at keeping the forum clutter free, and I really appreciate those who have helped us by alerting us to possible SPAM.

-the99contour

Bikeman982

Keep up the great work.

There are plenty of Spammers out there and we need to let them know we don't want any here.

Well, I personally don't have a problem with some advertising on a website, like Google Adwords, to help offset the cost of the website. Dave have you investigated putting some adword space on the site? Might help out with the costs and drive some new people to the forum from Google ( hopefully, no new spamers )

Bikeman982

Well, I personally don't have a problem with some advertising on a website, like Google Adwords, to help offset the cost of the website. Dave have you investigated putting some adword space on the site? Might help out with the costs and drive some new people to the forum from Google ( hopefully, no new spamers )
What do you want advertised?

We already have Toyota ads.

Topic List: Go to Everything Else