Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Lost My Car

by twinky64, June 14, 2006

See every reply in these pages:

I am not overly keen on domestics, either. I have been scouring around for a 2nd car (have decided a couple of hours ago I am not going to get one, however). Today I noticed that the oldest domestic designed vehicle I saw was only about a 1988 model. There was a 1976 holden utility I found, but that was an aberration. The other older cars were all japanese designed, and with a little work all (except one) would shine up like a new penny. One, a 1989 camry V6, was already a shiny new penny. Moral of the story? Long term, nothing beats a Japanese design. Aussie cars self destruct about the 13 year-old mark, I reckon...

My parents have a 2000 Holden Commodore (a GM local car). In the last 12 months it has required, by 130,000km, a repair to the power steering pump, and the gaskets around the rocker covers replaced. Then we had a 1993 Ford falcon which blew bulbs left right and centre, required about 4 new trunk lid struts and had very bad panel fit, a dodgy battery and again a dodgy power steering bearing. A friend owned a 1995 Falcon from 60000km to 170000km. He had a new exhaust, new head gasket, suspension bushes, new tie rod ends, new window rubbers, new..... On the other hand my '00 corolla went from 24,000km to 60,000km without a hitch, my '05 has gone from 0 to 30k without a major issue and my brother's '01 Mazda 323 has gone from 10k to 50k without a problem. Collectively, 100k and no worries.

Bikeman982

The corvette will always be an exception to the steroetypical American car.

I love my 7th gen. Not too big, not too small. . . I do agree with you, that the newer gens are kinda bulky and bloated looking. I like the simple lines, and body of the previous gens. I wish I could have my 7th gen with the new gen motor though, wouldnt mind having that 170hp. default_smile

My corolla is also really popular. A white 7th gen is probably one of the most common Corollas that I see. But I can tell mine from others , because I have different hubcaps then stock, so mine looks slightly different.

Bikeman982

I love my 7th gen. Not too big, not too small. . . I do agree with you, that the newer gens are kinda bulky and bloated looking. I like the simple lines, and body of the previous gens. I wish I could have my 7th gen with the new gen motor though, wouldnt mind having that 170hp. default_smile

My corolla is also really popular. A white 7th gen is probably one of the most common Corollas that I see. But I can tell mine from others , because I have different hubcaps then stock, so mine looks slightly different.

I have seen lots of "Super White" 7th generation Corollas. It must have been extremely popular back in the early to mid - 1990's.

Topic List