Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2007 Corolla Wish List.

by ouroboros, June 13, 2006

See every reply in these pages:

I'm always eyeing the developments on the next generation of my targeted "next purchase" cars so the 2008 (2007) Corolla should be a no-brainer. What I would like to accomplish here is to solicit responses from current Corolla owners as to what they would want in the next generation of Corolla if they are to remain loyal Corolla users.

I currently drive a 2001 S with 210 000 relatively trouble free kms on the odometer but there are some things I would like to see changed (that haven't been addressed in the latest incarnation).

1. Diversity antenna in the rear glass (I use a Thule box carrier)

2. Bigger opening for the trunk pass through

3. Fold flat rear seats (ala Yaris) for when you use the trunk pass through

4. Forward folding front passenger seat (ala Volvo)

5. Optitron gauges standard across the board

6. Better stock suspension (and handling)

7. Space-saving rear trunklid hinge (ala VW, Chrysler, etc) instead of the ackward bars

8. Active anti-whiplash front head restraints (should be standard on ALL cars)

I haven't mentioned anything about styling but I would like to see the new Corolla follow the styling trend of the Civic (from boxy/boring to sleek/sophisticated)

default_smile

now_driving_VW

4. Forward folding front passenger seat (ala Volvo)6. Better stock suspension (and handling)

4. Matrix, iirc has this also

6. Go back to IRS

Styling following the Civic? Sedan imo is ugly. the coupe actually works.

a. VSC standard on LE, optional CE, DX, & S

b. Standard single zone automatic climate control for LE and optional for DX & S

c. Optional Nav unit on LE & S

d. Real sport-tuned suspension for the S

e. HID projectors optional for LE & S

f. Heated seats with Leather package, LE

g. Upgraded power for the S, maybe throw in the 1AZ motor

h. Sport seats for the S (more bolstering)

i. More feel to the steering and 4-wheel discs across the board

j. 15" wheels for CE, DX; 16" for LE & S, optional 17" for the S

Max

Five speed auto trans available, longer seat cushions for better thigh support, standard side curtain airbags.

a. VSC standard on LE, optional CE, DX, & Sb. Standard single zone automatic climate control for LE and optional for DX & S

c. Optional Nav unit on LE & S

d. Real sport-tuned suspension for the S

e. HID projectors optional for LE & S

f. Heated seats with Leather package, LE

g. Upgraded power for the S, maybe throw in the 1AZ motor

h. Sport seats for the S (more bolstering)

i. More feel to the steering and 4-wheel discs across the board

j. 15" wheels for CE, DX; 16" for LE & S, optional 17" for the S

d,g (the 2ZZ),h, discs and big rims would be the XRS. Amen to all your other wishes. Cramming an AZ in a Corolla may spell trouble for them, I think. (Then what's to stop tuners from cramming a 2AZ in them?)

Now my own wishes:

k. Option for manual trans on LE

l. HSD paired with 1ZZ an option while keeping 60/40 fold flat rear seat default_biggrin

Max

buurin- somebody here has an LE with manual trans...can't remember who, though...

buurin- somebody here has an LE with manual trans...can't remember who, though...

You can get the LE in manual only Stateside. Here in Canada we have the infamous "option packages".

One more thing I forgot to mention. I'd like to see the FE engine modified so that the oil filter is topside again (not hidden between the oil pan and tranny).

Heated mirrors too please.

while your suggestions would be nice to have, most of them would increase the price of the Corolla out of its segment. Either that or they are deliberately left out to entice you to buy higher models/cars... ah the joys of option packaging... default_smile

now_driving_VW

while your suggestions would be nice to have, most of them would increase the price of the Corolla out of its segment. Either that or they are deliberately left out to entice you to buy higher models/cars... ah the joys of option packaging... default_smile

Not necessarily...take the Jetta VE

While it does command a $1000 price premium...

you get in terms of features:

-Heated power mirrors

-ABS & Traction Control with Stability control optional ($280)

-Single zone semi-automatic Climate control (you control the fan speed)

-Available 6-speed Tiptronic

-Side & Curtain airbags

-optional rear side airbags ($350)

(and you can also change the electronic steering setting)

In Japan... the outgoing RAV4 used the 1ZZ-FE motor... why would I choose the 1AZ? More torque is good-- so I really don't see any issues with an extra 0.2L.... heck squeeze in the 2AZ and make the XRS have the SC

Bikeman982

I would want them to go back to the 7th generation style, only with better fuel efficiency and also more power. That is all.

4 wheel discs and telescoping steering wheel.

Bikeman982

How about a Hemi??

Delete option for engine immobilizer. You know where those $100 chipped keys should be shoved.

What I'd like on the '07 Corolla is a nifty little diesel engine, similar to the VW TDI engine. The diesel should be maximized for fuel economy -- a Corolla that got numbers equal to the hybrids would be neat.

Also fog lights standard on the LE model.

What I'd like on the '07 Corolla is a nifty little diesel engine, similar to the VW TDI engine. The diesel should be maximized for fuel economy -- a Corolla that got numbers equal to the hybrids would be neat.

So in other words, a European-spec Corolla?

One thing I don't want is a bigger/more powerful motor (unless an increase in weight made it necessary). With petrol at A$1.46 a litre I don't wish to waste any more petrol than I have to. The current motor is powerful enough.

What to add? things that could be cheaply added include extra sound deadening, telescopic steering wheel and a thicker rear swaybar. These should be added at no cost.

An ABS/Stability Control system as standard, as per the VW Golf. I believe that if this feature were made standard on all cars on the road, it would cut the road toll by 25%. Same goes for side/curtain airbags. It may cost an extra $2000 or so but possibly 3 times that amount could be saved in reduced crash costs.

In addition, toyota oz could extend the sports exhaust/suspension option to the sedan.

Trunk release on the keyless entry

Standard ABS

Better tires

More intermittent wiper speeds other than the standard one speed

One more thing I forgot to mention. I'd like to see the FE engine modified so that the oil filter is topside again (not hidden between the oil pan and tranny).

I like the current setup. It's easy to reach as it is and makes it easy to pre-fill the filter with oil. (10" socket extension and cap-type wrench helps.) Makes a mess at removal though.

Delete option for engine immobilizer. You know where those $100 chipped keys should be shoved.

Up Toyota's? default_laugh

Standard ABS

Better tires

I know that the LE has more than one speed intermittent wiper speeds...

Bikeman982

Standard ABS

Better tires

You cars came with wipers??

Wipers were part of an option package... Came with the left rear floor mat, the passenger side window, rear view mirror, stylish radio knobs and the windshiled wipers. Of course when I went with that package it meant I also had to get option package #2 which included the windshield and a drivers seat.

more sound deadening material and rear windshield wiper

So in other words, a European-spec Corolla?

Yes, pretty much. It may have to be altered slightly to achieve U.S. safety specs, but that's fine.

Standard ABS

Better tires

Mine even came with a radio and a heater!

Bikeman982

Wipers were part of an option package... Came with the left rear floor mat, the passenger side window, rear view mirror, stylish radio knobs and the windshiled wipers. Of course when I went with that package it meant I also had to get option package #2 which included the windshield and a drivers seat.
Doesn't that package also include the steering wheel and the brake and gas pedals??

Standard ABS

Better tires

My car came with wipers as part of some low end option package. Was there an upgrade package with quiet wipers? mine make a horrible screeching sound and the wiper motor is noisy too. So that would be an improvement...

The Corolla needs either a trunk release on the keyless entry or a trunk you can leave unlocked, just like the Echo or just about every hatchback made. I prefer the later option due to a preference of mechanical over electric/electronic

More intermittent wiper speeds would be great to set at super slow, I avoid using mine unless absolutely necessary because of the noise.

A rear wiper would be great, but these are a challenge to add on a sedan, that's why you only see em on hatchbacks, and mini vans and I think one high end ?Acura? sedan

Those trunk hinges may keep your trunk from falling on your head, but they need to be redesigned, they take away a lot of usefulness out of the trunk.

So that's my wish list for the 2017 Corolla default_biggrin

I have 3 wishes...

1) Lumbar support in front seats.

2) Telescopic steering wheel.

3) A real horn that people actually hear and listen to.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)