Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest Nomad 28

I just took delivery of an '06 LE Corolla and I noticed that there is a small opening in the dash by the drivers right knee. The salesman said that this had been asked in the past but his service dept. did not know what they were for and I can find no mention of them in the manual.Anybody got an answer? Thanks.

Bikeman982

I just took delivery of an '06 LE Corolla and I noticed that there is a small opening in the dash by the drivers right knee. The salesman said that this had been asked in the past but his service dept. did not know what they were for and I can find no mention of them in the manual.Anybody got an answer? Thanks.
That used to be where the button for the ejection seat was located, but people kept pushing it by accident and they were forced to remove it.

(just kidding - I have no idea, may have been for an option you don't have??)

Dai_Shan

haha, nice.

Ya i have noticed that also on my 2005 corolla 'S'........hmmm (there arn't that much in the ways of options on the corolla...so not sure what it could have been)

Max

It's the "speaker cover," if you will, for the warning noise to get through when you leave your door open, as well as other unpleasant noises.

Bikeman982

Speaker cover - another mystery solved!

"And we would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling posters!"

Bikeman982

"And we would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling posters!"

Would have gotten away with what? - keeping it a mystery?

Dai_Shan

HAHAH, nice. I know that is from a movie....but i can't for the life of me figure it out....its like on the tip of my fingers...ugh.?!?!

org. is "meddling kids"..... ohhhh! Isn't that a common ending of Scooby Doo?! default_smile

Scooby Snacks??

Topic List