Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

A Pillar Antenna

by Ticked_off, May 24, 2006

Ticked_off

In an attempt to replace the OEM antenna that the hacks at Circuit City butchered, I ended up breaking the new antenna's lead inside the A-Pillar as it became hung up on something inside of it and could'nt be removed or futher fed. So as to save myself the annoyance of having a half installed antenna slapping against my window, I was forced to yank it free by breaking the lead.

Is there any way to get this bit of broken antenna lead out of the a-pillar without sawing the roof of the car off? It would seem that the underdash situation in this car is next to impossible to work around and I wouldn't mind not having to completely disassemble my entire dash, console and kick panel fuse boxes to get at something so trivial.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bikeman982

In an attempt to replace the OEM antenna that the hacks at Circuit City butchered, I ended up breaking the new antenna's lead inside the A-Pillar as it became hung up on something inside of it and could'nt be removed or futher fed. So as to save myself the annoyance of having a half installed antenna slapping against my window, I was forced to yank it free by breaking the lead.

Is there any way to get this bit of broken antenna lead out of the a-pillar without sawing the roof of the car off? It would seem that the underdash situation in this car is next to impossible to work around and I wouldn't mind not having to completely disassemble my entire dash, console and kick panel fuse boxes to get at something so trivial.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I am having a similar problem as yours.

I purchased a car from e-Bay that had an antenna broken off. I have tried to remove and replace it, but the column is just too restricting.

If your antenna broke off inside the column, then that is a difficult place to get access to.

I have read how to remove and install antennas, but never how to get a broken one out.

Good luck.

Wow...that sucks. Maybe you could drill a hole about half way up the A Pillar just big enough to stuff a few coat hangars in. Twist two together for a more rigid "poker" and then try and get that antenna lead out of there.

Bikeman982

Wow...that sucks. Maybe you could drill a hole about half way up the A Pillar just big enough to stuff a few coat hangars in. Twist two together for a more rigid "poker" and then try and get that antenna lead out of there.
It would probably take a larger hole than a drill makes and that would certainly require repair after the antenna was retrieved.

Topic List