Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

96 Corolla Vibration

by 87turboii, April 20, 2006

My 96 Corolla vibrates. I have changed two of the motor mounts and it continues to do it. All of the mounts are in good condition but I am still changing them. I called my nearby Toyota dealership and they told me that it has to be the mounts.

Any suggestions on what else it might be?

Vibrates in what way? Feel it mainly in the steering wheel, in the pedals, whole cabin? Is vibration more apparent at idle, at speed, under braking, cornering, etc.? How is the engine's tune - have you had a tuneup recently, checked plugs, wires, cap and rotor, idle speed, IAC, cleaned throttle body, vacuum leaks, airbox leaks, exhaust leaks, etc.? Need more info.

Vibrates in what way? Feel it mainly in the steering wheel, in the pedals, whole cabin? Is vibration more apparent at idle, at speed, under braking, cornering, etc.? How is the engine's tune - have you had a tuneup recently, checked plugs, wires, cap and rotor, idle speed, IAC, cleaned throttle body, vacuum leaks, airbox leaks, exhaust leaks, etc.? Need more info.

The engine vibrates and then it causes the dash, steering wheel, quarters to vibrate as well. It is definetly coming from the engine bay. I am very good in changing the oil, air filters, gas filters, and keeping up with the maintenance of the vehicle. I am planning on changing the spark plug wires and rotor cap next.

It does it more when it is cold and when it warms up it gets a little better but you can still feel it. When you drive it you can hardly feel it.

I really thought it has a vacuum leak but I could be wrong. All of the hoses are in good shape and the car drives fine.

I have EXACTLY the same problem with my 1997 Automatic 1600cc corolla.

Have you cleaned the intake area ?

What do you mean by the intake area. I changed the air filter. Someone told me to do one of those fuel injector cleaners that you put in the gas tank but I don't really trust those things.

I have EXACTLY the same problem with my 1997 Automatic 1600cc corolla.Have you cleaned the intake area ?

redline sl-1 or chevron techron are both good intank injector cleaners.

Guest DiverseCC

I have the same problem in my 95, i can figure it out, i thought the same thing about it being motor mounts, but its not, i dont know what to try, im out of ideas

I have some slight vibration in my 94 DX. Its usually only at idle, at stoplights, etc. But things do start vibrating in my car, change, anything that is in the center console underneath the radio. I dunno, the car seems to be running fine, I changed the plugs, oil, pcv valve, and I think it may have gotten better, but it does still slightly vibrate. I dunno, it doesnt bother me too much, I just want to car to be okay.

for me, regapping my plugs at every oil change seems to keep it idling the smoothest. i find that the gaps tend to change a little bit over time which causes a rougher idle.

Bikeman982

Most engines will vibrate a little. Excessive vibration can be a rough-running engine, or bad motor mounts.

My car does normal vibration and seems to be fine.

Topic List