Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Turtle Wax 2001

by 112263, July 4, 2004

Having just purchased a new car, I decided I would wax it.

I found it hard to find a store with a good selection. Even automotive stores have only a few kinds, mainly Turtle Wax and Mother's. I don't live in a small town either. Some of the brands that one reads about on the internet are not available anywhere in Toronto that I could find.

I decided to use Turtle Wax 2001. It is supposed to be good for cars which are left outside all the time. And also is supposed to be good if you only wax once per year. That sounds too good to be true but I thought I would give it a try for $5 per bottle.

So I applied the wax. Not too hard to apply, really. I remember many years ago, my dad made me wax his station wagon with Simoniz - that stuff was terribly difficult to apply. It took hours. I remember my dad saying that the harder the wax is to apply, the better it is. In other words, if it is hard to get on, it is hard to get off. Anyway, this Turtle Wax was so easy to apply that I wonder if it will come off too easily.

So, does anyone have experience with this wax.

Max

Not true that it's better if it's hard to apply and hard to remove. I'm sure the Turtle Wax is fine. Almost any wax will protect your car- Mother's is extremely good stuff, but I swear by Meguiar's. Is Meguiar's available where you are? You can order it online from many places, including the Meguiar's website. I wouldn't trust any wax to last a year, especially if the car lives outside. I wax once a month with Meguiar's Gold class, and polish a few times a year to get that deep, wet-look shine. No, I don't work for Meguiar's, but it works for my car!

I remember using Simoniz- what a workout that wax provided! When my dad taught me how to wax a car, it took three hours using that stuff. default_laugh

Guest model1822

No wax competes with the protection and durability a synthetic sealant offers. Examples of sealants include KlAsse, Zaino, Blackfire, Poorboy's World EX, etc...

Now you can pick up Meguair's NXT tech wax (synthetic) at many major auto stores.

For optimal protection and shine.

1) wash

2) Clay

3) wash

4) polish

5) sealant

6) wax

No wax competes with the protection and durability a synthetic sealant offers. Examples of sealants include KlAsse, Zaino, Blackfire, Poorboy's World EX, etc...

Now you can pick up Meguair's NXT tech wax (synthetic) at many major auto stores.

For optimal protection and shine.

1) wash

2) Clay

3) wash

4) polish

5) sealant

6) wax

Nowhere in the City of Toronto could I find a sealant. Clerks didn't even no what I was talking about when I asked. I guess I have to order it on the internet.

Many times - the sealant is incorporated with the polish (non-abrasive) or in these new synthetic waxes. Sometimes you can see stuff on the shelf labeled "glaze" which are actually sealants for many companies.

Guest model1822

I'm very surprised that you couldn't find Meg's NXT. It is marketed as a consumer product, unlike Meg's #20 which is considered a professional product.

Of course, I'm not familar with what's available in Toronto

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)