Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By muzak, February 25, 2006

At the back of the lot of my local dealership here I find there is a section marked "Wholesale". It's the lower priced trade-ins that Toyota doesn't sell in their used section next door to them. I was wondering if any of those "as is" cars are worth buying as I guess it may be more of a gamble than buying some car from a used lot with a 30 day warranty. Example....'99 Tercel with 60,000 miles (100k) for $4,500 CDN...and what a "beaut". But......"AS IS".

Bikeman982

At the back of the lot of my local dealership here I find there is a section marked "Wholesale". It's the lower priced trade-ins that Toyota doesn't sell in their used section next door to them. I was wondering if any of those "as is" cars are worth buying as I guess it may be more of a gamble than buying some car from a used lot with a 30 day warranty. Example....'99 Tercel with 60,000 miles (100k) for $4,500 CDN...and what a "beaut". But......"AS IS".
Just as with any used car, you never know beyond what you can have a mechanic check out, what you will get. You may get a sweet deal or a car that can give you lots of trouble. If you get it checked out thoroughly prior to purchase, you could get a fine car.

With a used car, anything can happen. A thorough inspection by a good mechanic (other than the dealer's preferred choice) will add to the confidence that you are getting a good car.

Bikeman982

If the body looks good and the engine is mechanically sound, then it is probably a good car. If you can get it for a good price, then if something is bad you can replace it without spending too much in total for the car.

Topic List