Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Just How Tough Are Toyotas?

by fishexpo101, January 29, 2006

Link picked up on another site - pretty funny in a way. Reminds me of the story of the little Toyota pickup that someone drove at a GM factory in the 80's. They beat the heck out of everyday because it was just a POS Japanese wannabe trucklet. To this day - the original owner still has it and still driving it (no longer with GM since his plant was idled a few yeara ago).

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2402060372341641699

thats pretty good! thanks for sharing default_smile

What a riot! default_biggrin Thanks for sharing!

It's always nice to see that again. I also saw a video of someone who converted a old Corolla to use with a remote control. Then they drove it in the desert, rolling the thing over, beating the crap out of it. Finally the radiator blew, and they reved it out for about 10min before the engines siezed. Then they pissed on it default_huh

When I was younger I LOVED that style of truck. Sadly, I think they are all rusted in the midwest now days. Or I might acually go shopping for one.

I just can't believe it. That truck is wicked strong and does not want to die at all. awesome toyota. I wish all vehicles were as strong as that beloved toyota hilux truck

Bikeman982

Excellent testimony to Toyota's durability. Reminds me of the demolition derbies I went to as a kid. My father entered my grandmother's 1954 Chevy Belair and it drove around like a tank. It smashed into cars with hardly any damage. The sheet metal was like 1/4 inch thick and took lots to dent it. It lasted for a long time. It was driven in reverse and smashed into other cars continuosly. I sure miss that car!

Topic List