Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Possible Pic Of Next Gen Corolla

Whistler, December 12, 2005

I'm not sure if this is real or not, but if it turns out to be accurate remember where you saw it first default_wink .

[image no longer available - tinypic dead]

It's Cougar!! default_biggrin

Or..maybe Toyota's take on a Cougar....

Or maybe a batmobile...

I also heard Subaru and Toyota are gonna team up...and Subaru's gonna let Toyota make Toyotas at their plant...does that mean will soon have a Toyoru??

I can see the heritage. To me it looks like the Toyota Yaris which is the replacement for the Echo in Canada. It just looks like a bigger version of this car. I was hoping for a scaled down version of the next generation Camry for the next corolla. The Yaris is becoming a very well respected small car in Canada.

Andrew

Max

I like it, kinda. Do you know if this is a North American spec?

ugh.... cars are just getting uglier by the years.

I hope that isn't it--if so, it'll lose a lot of consumers who liked the peaceful and conservative look of past Corollas.

I can see the heritage. To me it looks like the Toyota Yaris which is the replacement for the Echo in Canada. It just looks like a bigger version of this car. I was hoping for a scaled down version of the next generation Camry for the next corolla. The Yaris is becoming a very well respected small car in Canada.

Andrew

I don't know what Toyota will be built by Subaru, but I saw on the news that Toyota's will be built at the Subaru plant in Lafayette, IN.

Reminds me of the uglified Chrysler/Dodge sedans we're seeing lately. Cover that thing with "Mr. Yuk" stickers!

Reminds me of the uglified Chrysler/Dodge sedans we're seeing lately. Cover that thing with "Mr. Yuk" stickers!
The front of it looks like a mazda 3

Andrew

If you google" toyota yaris "you will see the resemblance

Andrew

I've seen photos of the Toyota Yaris, and all I can say is, add a second layer of "Mr. Yuk" stickers to each one you see! If that's what US market Corollas are going to be like in the future, I may be done with them whenever I decide to get rid of my '03. However, if Toyota finally decides to give the US market a Corolla Diesel like they have all over the rest of the planet, I may reconsider.

I also heard Subaru and Toyota are gonna team up...and Subaru's gonna let Toyota make Toyotas at their plant...does that mean will soon have a Toyoru??

It's about what I'd expect by 2008, although a little toned down to reduce mfg costs. I think that's the direction auto design will be going. Look at the'06 Civic. It will look more normal by then.

I think Toyota it out of manufacturing capacity, and has probably apporached several companies that had excess capacity. Ive even heard talk about a new plant in Michigan... but the UAW is a powerful Japanesse repellant. It's unfortuanate because it would replace many of the jobs that Toyota has been taking away from the big three. But UAW workers have probably the most expensive compensation packages for general or even high tech manufacturing in the world. I bet they are better paid and have better benfits than petrochemical worker, miners or many other industries requiring more training and risk. UAW needs ot wake up or face eventual extinction. my 20 cents.

I do know from reading the newspaper, that Honda has produced soybeams grown in Ohio and Michigan for Japanese consumption...

I also heard that many Japanese companies that do business with Honda are sending their people and considering opening plants in partsof Ohio...

I wonder if Toyota is as much of an economy driver in MI as Honda seems to be in OH...

I also think there's a Nissan plant in MI??

I'm not sure if this is real or not, but if it turns out to be accurate remember where you saw it first default_wink .

[image no longer available - tinypic dead]

This looks an awful lot like the Scion tC to me.

Max

The tC, really? I don't see any resemblance at all, and I car pool in one frequently.

Cherry- The NUMMI plant in Cali is a UAW shop, but even at that, it's a deal Toyota and GM worked out very carefully. The plant here in KY is certainly not a UAW shop, hard as UAW has tried. I think you're right about Michigan. Unless Toyota partners with one of the domestics and gets the deal they got for their Cali workers, it ain't gonna happen.

The tC, really? I don't see any resemblance at all, and I car pool in one frequently.

The front of the car looks like the front of the tC. Ignore everything behind the middle of the front door, and I think it looks like the front of the tC. Headlights are the same shape, air vents for the radiator are almost in the same place, etc.

Topic List