Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By Max, July 11, 2003

Max

On a recent trip in hot weather, after about two hours of driving, my '03 CE's radio came on by itself. I turned it off and it didn't do it again. Anybody else experince this or have any idea how/why it happened?

Guest benezrj

Could have just been a malfunction. Its never happened to me on my 'o3 Corolla S but things like that have happened on my older '91 Corolla.

I ripped out the stock CD player in my new Corolla and put in a much better and more powerful Pioneer head unit. It sure does make a difference in sound quality. A little off the topic, sorry lol.

If it only happened once I wouldn't worry about it but if it winds up happening again, I'd take it to the dealer. Hope this helps!!

Guest quick_nick

Guest quick_nick

oh mmy god,,, i thought i was goin mental when this happend to me in my wifes 03 corolla... but its happened HEAPs of times, and i was completely scared out of my brains, until i read that it had happened to someone else...

also a little off topic, i removed my headunit too, and replaced it with an AM radio out of a 75 corolla... its alright, but the sound could be better...

Max

Nick,

Geez, it scared me, too! I guess if it keeps up I'll take it to the dealer. This car is great, but it sure has some weird behaviors.

Guest Fridgebuzz

I was playing a CD and all of a sudden my cd stopped. Then the cd flew out all the way to the back deck of my car. It was crazy snip. Scared my friend in the backseat hahaha. The stock radio no doubt sucks but works. default_ph34r

Guest ceawalk

I recently bought a 2003 Toyota Corolla S.

I replaced the factory Radio CD player with an Alpine CDA-7998 FM/AM CD player w/a separate amp. I love it. I'm thinking of upgrading the speakers now. Anyone out there replaced their speakers. I'm curious to know what fellow Corolla owners have purchased and enjoy.

-- ceawalk

Guest Jackal

My 2003 Corolla did the same thing. I was driving down the road and the radio just flipped on by itself. I thought I was losing my mind! It has only done it once or twice though. I did not want it to happen again so I removed the factory Toyota stereo and replaced it with an 8-track player from my grandmother's '71 AMC Pacer, with a pair of 5-watt speakers from her car, as well. Sounds like the interior of my car is a coffee can. But it does not seitch on by itself! default_cool

Guest benezrj

ceawalk,

I put an entire system in my '03 Corolla S. I put in JL Audio speakers. Very potent speakers. Big difference over the stock speakers. I also put two 12'' Rockford Fosgate subs in the trunk along with a very powerful Rockford amp.

Lol, all of this was not cheap and ppl have already said that Im crazy to sink that much money into a sound system but hey, u know what? it's definitely worth it. I'll have pics up soon!!

Guest abby

I haven't had my radio just come on, but mine has recently started searching for channels. It will be fine for a few minutes, then it searches again.

Anyone have this problem? '03 CE.

Topic List