Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2007 Toyota Yaris

by mickemoose, October 23, 2005 in Toyotas that aren’t Corollas

Anyone know what the MSRP price range will be for the new '07 Toyota Yaris when it hits the U.S. market next spring? If the new Yaris gets better mileage than my '05 silver streak Corolla LE, performs just as well and is just as roomy inside, I may consider trading my Rolla for an '07 silver streak Yaris (if I could make an even trade, that is).

Check out the Canadian web. It has the gas millage and prices. Yaris is not much better then Corolla, in price and gas millage. I would keep the Corolla. Yaris has ulev2 engine, and corolla has ulev1.

http://www.toyota.ca/intro_e.html

The Canadian web site prices are the real prices you pay, not some fudge MSRP, at least in Quebec and Ontario.

When I shopped for my car the Echo RS (the highest trim level) with A/C was $100 more expensive than the base Corolla CE with the A/C and power door locks package. I hesitated between the two for weeks !! In the end reason won over passion.

If the new Yaris gets better mileage than my '05 silver streak Corolla LE, performs just as well and is just as roomy inside, I may consider trading my Rolla for an '07 silver streak Yaris (if I could make an even trade, that is).
Don't count on it too much... whatever the marketing says, the yaris is pretty much the same thing as the current echo hatchback. It's small, noisy and doesn't get that much better mileage because it has more drag than a corolla. I'm pretty sure it will also loose value more quickly. Keep the rolla, unless you really want a smaller car and a hatch.

The Yaris is bigger than the Echo and roomier inside, but not without a whopping 300 lbs heavier. It's not that much lighter than the Corolla so the guel consumption is worse due to it's increase weight, up by 0.1 l/100 km, (down by .7 MPGUS)

Bigger is better, even for the econobox default_sad

The Yaris' drag coeff is oddly missing from the published data too....

I don't think it will lose value faster than the Corolla, Used Echos don't sale cheap here.

I sat in a new Yaris on the weekend, and really liked it. (I have a 2000 Corolla) I was impressed with the amount of room and the car looks much more solid than the Echo. The driving position was very comfortable and the fit and finish was very good. If I was to get one I would definitly get the 5 speed.

I also sat in the new Kia Rio the same day and the Yaris seemed to have much better quality, though I have read very good reviews of the Rio.

Topic List: Go to Toyotas that aren’t Corollas