Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest lsw00kor

First of all, I'd like to express my sincere thanks to all who reviwed my previous article, and especially to Breogan24, Ghost, fishexpo101.

I really appreciate your advice.

Now, I opened the grills to the 2 front speakers. As some pointed out, yes, the speaker was torn.

Now, at http://www.mjmautoinnovations.com/toyota, I checked the size of the front & real speakers for my '94 Corolla.

The front 4" speakers are available on the market, but there aren't any 7" speakers available on the marekt for the rear.

1) Is the data of 7" at http://www.mjmautoinnovations.com/toyota wrong?

2) Or, has the industry ceased manufacturing 7" speakers?....

I'm not sure what I have to do.

Thanks again. Good luck~!

7" ? That is odd. I've never heard of car speakers with that diameter.

Crutchfield.com says that dimensions are:

front: 4"

rear: 6.5"

If I was in doubt, I would take the old rear speaker to a store and compare it to a 6.5" speaker on display.

Personally, I installed 6x9s in my Corolla's rear deck.

7" speakers are a weird size for automotive - they do make home speakers in that size, but those speakers are generally a poor choice for mobile systems. Too much moisture and temperature ranges too wide for most home components. You can try www.partsexpress.com. They are a pretty nice place in Ohio that sells some hard to find audio/video stuff - good brands and some really cheap.

Ghost has a really good suggestion of removing the old speakers and matching it up to new speakers. Often you will find that you have to consider the depth and particular shape of the speaker basket to see if it will fit correctly.

I got a set of Rockford Fosgate Components and even though they match the size and depth - the speaker basket (frame) was a bit wider.

You may be able to find a different speaker to fit - but you may have to modify/make a speaker mounting ring.

Good Luck.

For the front you can fit some pretty deep 4" speakers there. I had Infinity Kappa's and most recently some MBQuart 4". Now i have installed 6.5" in the front and am much happier, but took a little more work. As for the rear, you can only fit shallow 6.5" or 5.25" speakers. If they have a big magnet, they will not fit because of the bracket there. At least that was the case in my 94 prizm, but i think the layout is identical. I just removed the 4" MBQuarts i had in the front and put them in the rear location, since i installed the 6.5" in the front.

I have seen 7" and 8" coax speakers. Made from Pioneer, in Europe though, never seen them in the States.

Topic List