Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By Chad_G_77, October 4, 2005

Chad_G_77

Hi all,

While driving down the road a few weeks ago, some road debris flew up from another car and hit my grille right where the Toyota emblem is located. This caused the emblem to fly off. I'm trying to locate a web-site where I can order a new emblem. I'm sure I could go directly to Toyota but they'd probably charge a small fortune. The emblem simply sticks onto the grille with strong tape, and the emblem itself is probably made of plastic so I'm sure it shouldn't cost more than a few dollars.

I've searched all over the net and can't find any sites with emblems for sale. Any ideas?

Pretty tough to get a new OEM style emblem. Best bests, other than the dealership, are eBay or something like www.streetbeatcustoms.com. Though they may only sell the modded types (new colors, built in glow, etc.)

Max

You can try www.1sttoyotaparts.com. I'd also try a Google search.

You might want to call a few junk yards.

If it were me, I wouldn't worry about it (but I'm definitely not like most people in this regard--pardon my tangent here, it's certainly no judgement on the author of the thread). My '04 is becoming the true road warrior. Ran over an impressive retread the other day, knocked out the plastic insert where the fog light would go, left nasty claw marks on the facia . . combine that with the other well earned battle scars, and I'm past the point of letting it bother me.

The way we (Americans) regard our cars strikes me as interesting. We paint them to a beautiful (but relatively fragile) high gloss and chrome, and hurdle them through the most difficult and varied of environments, and consider them "old" when they get the inevitable road scars. I think Delorian might have been on to something with the stainless steel panels. It's really a triumphant marketing achievement, that they've convinced the buying public that they drive a less than desirable car if the finish is less than pristine or it doesn't look like the newly redesigned models.

I think I've resoved to treat the 'Roll as the machine it is. No more, no less. I certainly don't sweat the chips and scratches as much.

Having said all of that, I guess that's just the station in life I've reached. 10 years ago I'd be replacing the Toyota Emblem too.

They don't even glue the emblems on anymore???

What crap!! And I waited all these years finally to buy a car with the loopty emblem???

Chad_G_77

They don't even glue the emblems on anymore???

What crap!! And I waited all these years finally to buy a car with the loopty emblem???

Yep... It's a sad state of affairs when they're taping our emblems onto our cars.

You should negotiate a free emblem from Toyota at your next oil change / maintenance check. After all, you are providing them a free advertising service. If they refuse, get a Honda emblem default_tongue

Topic List