Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest tandy_13

Front light

Guest tandy_13

Guest tandy_13

Hi there,

I am a new member here and I have a 99 model Corolla. No problems with it but I had a small fender bender last week. Some nut sideswiped my car and the right front blinker light cover is broken, in addition to a small 2 inch dent.

Any idea how much it costs to replace the glass cover, does the whole light needs to go or can it do with a glass cover?

And any idea how much would the dent need to be repaired?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hard to say for sure - but I had a similar situation with a Toyota Camry. Fender was dented right by the corner lamp - corner lamp was functional and intact - but two clips were broken off and it dangled from the car. Quote I got to repair it wer e between $650 - $1400.

If the damage to the light assembly it not too great - you may be able to just replace the assembly. You can try to replace the front cover - but it may start leaking water and cause further headaches down the road. The dent - cost will vary, depends on where it is and how they will repair it. Some body shops will use a dent puller and fill it with some body filler - that usually doesn't last too long and looks badly repaired. Others will try to remove the fender and straighten the fender that way - use very little body filler and repair looks good. Or they could just replace it - depends on your insurance or who picks up the bill.

Most of the cost will be in labor and repainting the area. If your car has a metallic finish - they have to blend the area out to mask the repair. That could be they would have to paint the bumper, hood, fender, and/or door to match the paint - depending on where the dent is.

Also - look under the hood - sometimes a light hit will cause damage elsewhere. On my Camry - the damage from a 5 MPH parking garage accident damages front light assembly, corner lamp, grill, and radiator support bracket. They blended the paint halfway across the fender, a quarter of the hood, and part of the bumper. You can still tell there was damage there, but only at a certain angles and lighting conditions. The repair cost $850.

Have someone ata good body shop take a peek - estimates are ususally free.

Good luck.

The blinker light assembly should be easy enough to replace yourself. I did it on my '93 because the amber cover was fading (after 10 yrs). They were $25 each. Dealer would probably charge more for a genuine Toyota replacement part.

Topic List