Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Wrecked

by ijf0, August 29, 2005

Well ... its happened again. 2nd time in 3 months. same area. exact same events. exact same conditions.

This time I was the party driving straight and someone turned in front of me. I t-boned 'em and thats the end of my corolla.

here i was just getting over my tercel of 6-7 years and getting used to corolla. i had just put new brake calipers, pads, shoes, and rotors and bought all the components to install the AC (though hadnt been installed yet) and this joker had to turn in front of me appearing in my lane from between two cars. There was no time to stop. Reaction time sux because i saw the car, and hand enough time to think -- oh god, gotta stop fast, but i dont think i even had my foot over to the brake when i smacked them and the airbag smacked me default_sad

Anyone got advise for a next vehicle? seems like if im going to be going through them this quick i should just get a junker and save the $.

Anyone need any corolla parts? not that i know i can get them for you yet, the insurance company still has to come do their adjustment blah blah blah

98 5spd 1.8L LE no AC (but i do have the compressor, evaporator, and condensor already seperate from the car)

Well ... its happened again. 2nd time in 3 months. same area. exact same events. exact same conditions.

This time I was the party driving straight and someone turned in front of me. I t-boned 'em and thats the end of my corolla. 

You must be in an area loaded with drunk teenage party animals. default_tongue When even the designated driver (driving straight?) managed to get hit...

here i was just getting over my tercel of 6-7 years and getting used to corolla. i had just put new brake calipers, pads, shoes, and rotors and bought all the components to install the AC (though hadnt been installed yet) and this joker had to turn in front of me appearing in my lane from between two cars. There was no time to stop. Reaction time sux because i saw the car, and hand enough time to think -- oh god, gotta stop fast, but i dont think i even had my foot over to the brake when i smacked them and the airbag smacked me  default_sad 

Our sympathies. Totaling a car after putting in tons of time and money is never easy.

Anyone got advise for a next vehicle? seems like if im going to be going through them this quick i should just get a junker and save the $.

Maybe another Corolla? You're getting a used car for sure. My personal top pick is a 00-02 Corolla 5spd. Or like someone else here had done, get a Volvo. default_biggrin

sorry to hear about that, but glad youre ok. good luck with your next car, and yes I'd get a corolla.

Guest Shift

Join the club.

I had a 91 Corolla which was actually totaled twice within a few months.

First time was golf ball sized hail, and while I was negotiating with the insurance company on it, a LARGE bcuk jumped out of the ditch and slammed into the side of the car. Totaled again, this time for good. Insurance company didn't quite know how to write it up. In the end they decided it was 50% hail and 50% the buck.

I did buy another corolla.

My deepest sympathies. I'd suggest you check out a good military surplus depot and try to get your hands on a used Bradley Infantry Fighting vehicle. That way, you can just roll over the bad drivers in your area. Your mileage probably won't be as good as in a Corolla, but at least you'll be bullet-proof!

• 55 posts

Buy my 1999 LE that has 65,000 miles

where are you and how much you selling it for?

• 55 posts

Long Island , what is a 1999 worth? It's a LE with ABS and it is CHERRY

auto or 5spd?

• 55 posts

Auto, new rubber/brakes/all fluid has been changed/alarm

Bikeman982

Try e-Bay. I have purchased 5 Toyota Corollas from there and never payed as much as from a dealer. Private party sales are usually cheaper. Definitely buy another Corolla - go used. Accidents can happen to anyone, anywhere at any time. Don't beat yourself up over it. Get another car and drive on.

Topic List