Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By RAV4EVR, August 11, 2005

See every reply in these pages:

2006 Civic was looking good until I saw the rear lights. WTF ???

Being a 1980s child, I love big lights and I am not getting them anywhere.

Check out the 2006 Accord and Civic......... God what have they done to the Accord.... Could the new Civic's lights be any smaller? I want to take the designer, ship him to the Tora Bora mountains for a few months....

http://www.edmunds.com/future/honda/index.html

Good for the Corolla sales... I like the current Corolla better.

(The above is all my opinion. If u must love the next Civic, please do.)

Tora Bora seems like a dangerous place unless your last name is Bin Laden.

Seems like Civic's time was the 1990s for sure.

I thought the last redesign of the Accord was ugly. They tried to make it more European-looking, but all they've done is make it Ugly-looking. You can't just make something boxier and call it European.

I've always thought that the last revision of the Civic could pass for a cousin of the BMW 3 series.

What happened to each brand having its own look? Right now, everything is mashing together like leftovers in a casserole dish.

"Bora" is the name for the Jetta in Germany.

I wonder if Bin Laden gets around in one.

nah he's too tall...plus his holy turban would fly out of the sunroof. lmbo

Wow. I like the look of the new Civic pictures.

The current Accord is growing on me--even the boot, but the revision shown here is a step backward, IMO.

Aside from the rear end, the new Civic looks just like a Corolla! Same exact body shape! (At least by those pictures).

By the way, 01loadedLE, good job on spelling "turban" correctly. No joke- every person I have seen writing the word "turban" in the last 6 months has spelled it "turbine". I always laugh imagining someone walking around with a jet engine on top of their head.

Too funny, Jupiter!

Actually this whole thread cracks me up. I love the turban/turbine thing, kanling

rotfl

I always laugh imagining someone walking around with a jet engine on top of their head.

How do you know they really aren't?

Yeah, well, 19 of them on a certain September day in '01 became rather intimately connected with jet engines.

I always laugh imagining someone walking around with a jet engine on top of their head.

lol. why you dont really believe they'd put anything in there to defile their sweet holy precious head garment do you? afterall theyre such clean holy people, much better people than we are, and much too clean for us filthy infadels. lmbo

lol. why you dont really believe they'd put anything in there to defile their sweet holy precious head garment do you? afterall theyre such clean holy people, much better people than we are, and much too clean for us filthy infadels. lmbo

One of the guys who blew himself up in England, Wasn't he wearing one?

Guest AncientCorolla

O my, the rear looks uglier than before.

Does anyone yet have pictures of the new Corolla yet??

Also, I heard via my dad that people that like Civics like them b/c their replacement parts are easier to get a hold of and easier for mechanics to maneuver around in. (Do you think these mechanics are charging Corolla owners extra because of "difficulty in maneuvering around the front of the car"?? That would be a disturbing thought).

But I am sure shady places probably do stuff like that.

How come Honda cars get dramatic redesigns so often? It seems to occur more frequently than the 5 years that Toyotas seem to get major redesigns.

Guest AncientCorolla

I have couple neighbors here with late nineties Civic, they repainted them into odd color and plenty of modifications ... but what's point. The vehicles do not really looks like Civic anymore. Not sure which part of them still Honda's. They seem to be leaking too .... see oil spots under the vehicles.

I like the Fit. Will give the Echo hatch some competition, especially if the hatch is of a decent size. The cargo area on the Echo is ridiculously small - useless!

corollas arent harder to work on than civics room wise, mr2's are tedious to deal with but not corollas. they charge the same rates it just takes longer to do things on a cramped motor.

I dont know about the terrorist in england btw.

The 2006 Civic looks curiously Prius-like.

Yeah, well, 19 of them on a certain September day in '01 became rather intimately connected with jet engines.

Just what did happen on Sept. 11, 2001? The only reason I ask is because nobody else, particularly the popular media, seems to remember anymore.

Aside from the rear end, the new Civic looks just like a Corolla!  Same exact body shape!  (At least by those pictures).

By the way, 01loadedLE, good job on spelling "turban" correctly.  No joke- every person I have seen writing the word "turban" in the last 6 months has spelled it "turbine".  I always laugh imagining someone walking around with a jet engine on top of their head.

Huh? I don't see it at all.

This is all about opinion. You're entitled to yours, but to me this is a MUCH better looking car than its predecessor, and the current Corolla.

I like the shoulder ridge running the lenght of the car. The concave tail-end looks more crisp and sporty, without being pretentious. Maybe shades of the BMW 3 Series? Hey, if you're going to copy, BMW ain't a bad place to start. The bulbous rear-end of the new Corolla is one its MANY stylnig miscues.

The profile is more rakish and striking, with more of a long-hood-short-deck classic look. It also doesn't look like it's standing on its tippy-toes, stretched vertically like the wobbly-looking Corolla does.

I might go so far as to call it handsome. The Corolla . . . ain't.

My order of preference, in terms of looks:

1) Previous Jetta

2) Mazda 3

3) new Jetta

4) new civic

5) Ford Focus

6) old civic

7) current Corolla.

With the exception of maybe the Scion xA and tC and the new Avalon, Toyotas are plagued by a me-too styling philosophy. You can see "marketing research" all over them. For almost every segment--Corolla, Camry, 4 Runner, Tundra, Tacoma--I can think of a bunch of things I hate about their styling, and find much better looking counterparts elsewhere (Mazda 3, Mazda 6, Explorer, F150, Chevy Colorado, respectively).

Having said that, I think I'd still buy the Corolla if I had to do it all over again, for all the other obvious reasons.

I had the exact same thought.

The Prius is a great looking car--very purposeful. I forgot to mention it in my very short list of appealingly-styled Toyotas.

The bulbous rear-end of the new Corolla is one its MANY stylnig miscues.

Well, I like it default_tongue More so than most other compacts and definitely a lot more than the new civic!

Actually, I think the current generation Corolla, with the exception of the dumbed-down kiddie-car looking "S" model, is a very good looking automobile. However, it absolutely MUST have alloy wheels, and I simply cannot understand why the fog lamps aren't available on models other than the aforementioned "S."

I had the exact same thought.

The Prius is a great looking car--very purposeful. I forgot to mention it in my very short list of appealingly-styled Toyotas.

Gramps:

I agree - the Prius is a very attractively styled automobile. I just wish the wheels were a bit larger -- they almost don't appear to be on the same scale as the rest of the car.

In general, I like the styling of Toyota's automobiles, but their trucks are a much different story. I think their full-sized pickups, and the SUV's they are based on, are just plain butt-ugly.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)